Intelligent compliance solutions for chemicals, food contact & cosmetics industry - Chemical & Pharmaceuticals
For manufacturers of chemicals – which can be broadly defined as anything from specialty chemicals to lubricants, plastics and food contact to cosmetics and more - changing market dynamics dictate the need for flexibility in meeting customers` complex requirements for high performance sustainable products and improving supply chain performance. Delivering quality products in record time is critical, as are optimizing business processes across your enterprise and global supply chain.
Most popular related searches
Meeting these objectives is no easy task given an ...
Meeting these objectives is no easy task given an increasingly complex regulatory landscape. Verisk 3E™ has an extensive history of leadership in serving the needs of the chemical market. We are proud to boast that eight of the world's top 10 chemical manufacturers are long-time customers.
Mitigate supply chain risk
Understanding what products are made of, the regulatory status of products and components, and the origin of products form the basic building blocks for managing regulatory obligations, communicating to key stakeholders and mitigating risk in your supply chain. Verisk 3E's supply chain management solutions can help you:
- Gather information from upstream suppliers such as material disclosures, substance declarations, compliance certificates, certificates of origin and more
- Respond to incoming customer surveys / inquiries while protecting confidential business information and trade secrets
- Monitor new and emerging regulatory obligations and market trends and assess how they impact your products, suppliers, or customers
- Assure compliance and market accessibility for your products by identifying risk associated to products and suppliers
- Analyze compliance status by supplier, raw material, product or obligation
Ensure the safety of your products
While compliance affects the entire manufacturing organization, product compliance expertise, information and data usually exists in silos, spread across several business units throughout the organization. With Verisk 3E as your single trusted source for global regulatory expertise and compliance solutions you will be able to proactively anticipate and manage regulatory obligations.
- Research the EHS viability of raw materials and finished products
- Research how substances are regulated in markets where products are sold
- Identify the existence of banned chemicals / chemicals of concern
- Analyze the chemical makeup of products to identify less hazardous alternatives
- Produce SDSs and labels
- Facilitate appropriate classification or re-classification and labeling of substances to comply with GHS / CLP
Protect your employees
Not only do chemical companies need to ensure the safety of their finished products, but the safety of their employees who are handling hazardous products in the workplace as well. In addition, regulatory professionals find value in having access to the information found on their raw material SDSs when the time comes to create hazard communication documentation for your finished products.
Verisk 3E can alleviate much of the burden of maintaining vendor SDS data by offering a highly secure web-based application.
Alternatively, Verisk 3E can feed robust document sets, including SDS, compliance declarations, technical data sheets and material declarations directly into an existing EHS, procurement, EMIS, or other third party systems, which can significantly streamline the management of chemical data by centralizing it into a single repository.
Ensure compliant transport
As products are shipped up and down the supply chain, ensuring global transport compliance can be a challenge. Verisk 3E can help you ensure products can be shipped using a preferred mode of transport or provide guidance to employees to ensure proper use of markings, labels and documentation. Verisk 3E can provide an emergency contact phone number to publish on your SDSs or provide a phone number to your employees to call in the event of a spill or exposure.