Lung simulator classroom applications
Effective Respiratory Training and Real-World Applications: Did you know that our TTL and PneuView Lung Simulators are used in the majority of Respiratory Therapy training programs throughout the United States and even in many countries around the world? It’s true! Our simulators are designed and manufactured by Michigan Instruments, and they’re known for their simulation capabilities, their versatility, their ease-of-use, and their durability.
Overview Applications and Industries
Test lung simulators work well within the classroom setting because:
- Users can simulate a wide variety of healthy and diseased lung conditions by altering the lung compliance and airway resistance in a one- or two-lung simulation
- Students work with a realistic total lung volume and residual volume (especially when using the Dual Adult Test Lung Simulators)
- The simulators incorporate many options and great versatility in regard to tapping into the “lungs” to introduce gases, perform additional monitoring or connect to auxiliary devices
- The Dual Adult TTL and Dual Adult PneuView can simulate unilateral lung disease and the resulting ventilation dynamics
- You can simulate a spontaneous breathing patient and evaluate the response of devices in various support modes.
- The available Head Simulation Modules facilitate education and studies with various oxygen delivery systems, non-invasive ventilation devices/techniques, and more applications requiring a “face”