OtoScan - Diagnostic Tools for Clinicians - Health Care - Occupational Health
A New View of Ear Health Has Finally Arrived. Ear infections have traditionally been diagnosed with the use of an otoscope, essentially a penlight and magnifying glass developed over 150 years ago. Traditional otoscopy offers a high-level of variability and subjective observation based on the clinician experience and patient cooperation.
Most popular related searches
- 01Taking the guesswork out of ear health
- The technology in the OtoSight Middle Ear Scope is 90.6% accurate when assessing MEE*. This is a significant increase over the 50% accuracy with standard otoscopy published in 2001**.
*Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2020 Mar;162(3):367-374
**Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001;155(10):1137-1142.
Treating patients effectively isn’t just your job, it’s your motivation. But when it comes to children complaining of ear discomfort, the standard tool to address the issue is the otoscope — basically a flashlight and a magnifying glass. The result? A diagnosis accuracy rate of 50% with standard otoscopy.*
*Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001; 155(10):1137-1142.
Today there’s the FDA-cleared OtoSight Middle Ear Scope — an innovative approach to non-invasively visualize through the eardrum to directly assess middle ear fluid.
How do I learn more about the Trailblazer Program?
- We are partnering with innovative clinics to provide early access to the OtoSight Middle Ear Scope. Be part of a limited group of early adopters with dedicated service and support. To learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the dedicated CPT codes for the OtoSight Middle Ear Scope?
OtoSight Middle Ear Scope can be billed with two Category III CPT Codes 0485T and 0486T.
- PhotoniCare has engaged The Reimbursement Group (TRG) to assist clients in coverage, coding, and reimbursement efforts. Physician, facility, and patient customers may contact TRG Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern by calling 1-866-411-EARS (3277), Option #2. TRG will train on appropriate utilization of billing and coding and aid with appeals of denied claims with a proper Business Associate Agreement in place.
- Learn more about insurance billing here.