Sensor Application Using a Multi-Site Attachment Ring/Easy - Medical / Health Care
According to the procedure described point by point below, a Multi-Site Attachment Ring (MAR) or Multi-Site Attachment Ring Easy (MARe) is first attached to the measurement site, one small drop of contact liquid is then applied to the center of the sensor and finally the sensor is snapped into the ring. Alternatively, you may also click the sensor into the ring first, remove the protective liner of the adhesive tape, and then apply one small drop of contact liquid on the center of the sensor. In this case ensure to keep the sensor/ring assembly such that the contact liquid does not run off the sensor face and flip-over the sensor/ring assembly just before attaching it to the skin.
Most popular related searches
Check current SDM Settings/SDM Profile and verify ...
- Check current SDM Settings/SDM Profile and verify system readiness (message 'Ready for use', p. 23). Change SDM Settings/SDM Profile if necessary.
- Clean the site with a swab wetted with 70% isopropanol (or according to your institution's skin cleaning/degreasing procedures) and let it dry. If necessary, remove hair.
- Take a Multi-Site Attachment Ring/Easy out of the package and pull off the liner protecting the adhesive tape of the ring.
- Attach the ring to the measurement site. Verify that the skin under the adhesive is not wrinkled. Then press gently on the retainer ring and move your finger around the ring circumference to ensure a good adhesion of the ring's adhesive to the skin.
- Open the Docking Station Door and remove the sensor.
- Close the Docking Station Door.
- Check the condition of the sensor membrane and the integrity of the sensor (p. 15). Change the membrane if necessary (p. 17). Do not use the sensor if any problems are noted.
- Apply one small drop of contact liquid to the center of the sensor surface. Ensure to keep the sensor horizontal (membrane pointing upwards) so that the contact liquid does not run off the membrane. Flip over the sensor just before inserting it into the ring.
- Holding the sensor at its neck, approach the MAR from the flap side (a) or the MARe from any side (b) and first insert the nose of the sensor into the retainer ring. Then apply slight downward pressure on its neck. The spring tension of the retainer ring will pull the sensor into place with little to no pressure on the skin. Rotate the sensor in the ring and press the sensor gently against the skin to spread the contact liquid.
- Check sensor application! Ensure that air gaps are eliminated between the skin and the sensor.
- Twist the sensor into the best position. For forehead/ cheek placement wrap the sensor cable once around the ear and tape the cable to the cheek or another applicable site. For other application sites, tape the cable to the skin at a distance of 5 to 10 cm from the sensor head. Route the sensor cable properly to avoid entanglement or strangulation and secure it with a Clothing Clip to an appropriate site of the patient's clothing or bed linen. Ensure that the sensor cable is loose enough for not to be stretched during monitoring. Gently press on the sensor as a final application check.
- Verify that the SDM detects that the sensor was placed on the patient, initiates monitoring and that the enabled parameters stabilize, If necessary, readjust sensor application or reposition the sensor.