Sensor Application Using an Ear Clip - Medical / Health Care
According to the procedure described point by point below, the Ear Clip is first attached to the earlobe, then one small drop of contact liquid is applied to the sensor surface, and, finally, the sensor is snapped into the Ear Clip attached to the earlobe. Altematively, you may click the sensor into the clip`s retainer ring first, apply one small drop of contact liquid to the center of the sensor, pull off both liners protecting the clip`s adhesive tapes, and then apply the sensor/clip assembly to the earlobe. In this case, ensure to keep the clips jaws open and to hold the sensor/clip assembly such that the contact liquid does not run off the sensor face until the sensor/clip assembly is applied to the earlobe.
Most popular related searches
Check current SDM Settings/SDM Profile and verify ...
- Check current SDM Settings/SDM Profile and verify system readiness (message 'Ready for use', p. 23). Change SDM Settings/SDM Profile if necessary.
- Clean the earlobe with a swab wetted with 70% isopropanol (or according to your institution's skin cleaning/ degreasing procedures) and let it dry. If necessary remove hair.
- Take an Ear Clip out of the package, open the clip jaws and pull off both liners protecting the adhesive tapes of the clip.
- Pull the earlobe to stretch its skin and then attach the Ear Clip with its retainer ring on the backside of the eariobe. Verify that the skin under the retainer ring's adhesive is not wrinkled and that the hole in the center of the retainer ring completely covers the skin. Then squeeze gently to ensure that both adhesive tapes stick firmly to the earlobe.
- Open the Docking Station Door and remove the sensor.
- Close the Docking Station Door.
- Check the condition of the sensor membrane and the integrity of the sensor (p. 15). Change the membrane if necessary (p. 17). Do not use the sensor if any problems are noted.
- Take the sensor and apply one small drop of contact liquid to the middle of the sensor surface.
- Pull the earlobe with the Ear Clip in horizontal position. Move the sensor horizontally into place with the cable preferably pointing to the crown of the head. Insert the sensor into the clip's retainer ring by gently pressing it until it snaps into the clip.
- Check sensor application! The sensor is applied correctly if its entire dark surface is covered by the earlobe. Ensure that air gaps are eliminated between the skin and the sensor.