13 Reasons NOT to Use or Wear Full Face Shields to Protect Against Covid 19
Let’s face it- wearing a full face mask will help block the spread of Corona Virus“Covid 19” Germs, but…
- You will not like breathing your own breath with the excess carbon produced, and captured to a point of asphyxiation (hyperventilation)
- Some full-face shields are uncomfortable to wear around the head, shoulders, and chest areas. They can restrict your upper body movement.
- Heats up inside the shield and fogs up.
- Anti-Fog treatment is not available for full face shields.
- Expensive to buy, or purchase per individual.
- Cloth masks to cover the mouth, and nose are still required to wear under the shield.
- Looking through 2 to 3 sets of lenses at once plus the plastic bent and formed shield compromises the optics needed for pin point accuracy that is sometimes required in Medicine, and/or science.
- Not autoclavable- difficult to clean, and take lots time.
- Not disposable – too expensive!
- Will not fit over most Rx glasses comfortably.
- Easy to scratch- anti scratch coatings are not available.
- Full face masks weigh 8 to 10 ounces and become heavy to wear over extended time.
- Personal appearance is altered.