ACMIT, the “Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology”, is a research and development center in the field of medical technology and has a bridging function between requirements at clinical side, basic research in medical technology at academic side and the development, implementation of products at company side. ACMIT staff is representing competence in all related fields of medical engineering: bio/mechanical/electronic/software engineering, chemistry, physics, human factors, regulatory affairs and quality management. ACMIT with large network of scientific and industrial partners concentrates knowledge from medicine, technology and market needs. Furthermore, new ideas and approaches are transformed into innovative new treatment options and novel products.
- Medical technology research
- R&D services all along the process chain from idea to clinical use of a medical device
- Usability engineering and testing
- Contract manufacturing (small series) of medical devices
- Application-oriented anatomical models for medical training, surgical planning and medical device development
- Incubator services for medical technology startups