Auro Vaccines LLC
Auro Vaccines LLC is a clinical-stage vaccine development company pioneering a major evolutionary step in the design and development of preventive and therapeutic vaccines for infectious diseases. Our novel approach is based on a proprietary technology platform that allows us to quantitatively and qualitatively tailor effective immune responses to specific targets. The Prime/Boost System of Vaccines (PBS Vax) platform provides the ability to “tune” the immune response to whatever is required for a specific target and disease context. The exceptional flexibility of this platform overcomes the shortcomings of current DNA and classic prophylactic vaccines, enabling us to address targets of high unmet medical need. Auro Vaccines has an experienced vaccine development team with proven skills to execute the company’s commercial vision of creating new vaccines that will make a significant impact on the health of patients worldwide.
We apply our innovative platforms to diseases for which current approaches are either ineffective or nonexistent. We are focused on:
- Major chronic viral infectious diseases and their associated cancers—areas of large unmet need where our technology can have the nearest-term impact with substantial business potential in developed countries
- Emerging infectious diseases of public health and biodefense importance where there is significant opportunity for global health impact and business success
The PBS Vax™ discovery engine is rapidly creating a pipeline of differentiated new vaccines. Vaccines for the prevention of SARS CoV-2, Chikungunya virus and for the treatment of cervical dysplasia associated with human papilloma virus infection are poised to enter into clinical evaluation; while a vaccine for the prevention of respiratory syncytial virus infection is entering preclinical efficacy testing..
The safety and immunogenicity of the underlying technology platforms used for this series of vaccines has been demonstrated in multiple human clinical trials.
Auro Vaccines actively seeks to apply the PBS Vax™ platform in collaboration with pharmaceutical/biotechnology partners, government and non-governmental organizations.
We are committed to exploiting the full potential of our technology and the timely development of novel vaccines through our growing pipeline of proprietary vaccine candidates and through partnerships focused on applying PBS Vax™ technology to create new vaccines or to transform existing and pipeline vaccines to achieve greater immunogenicity.
Examples of Auro Vaccines’ on-going partnerships:
- Auro Vaccines’ franchise for the filoviruses (Ebola and Marburg viruses), which has received substantial funding support from the federal government, includes a vaccine for Ebola that has completed Phase 1 clinical evaluation and a pre-IND-stage “trivalent” vaccine that is engineered to protect against all species of Ebola and Marburg viruses. This program has been licensed to Emergent BioSolutions for further clinical development and licensure.
- Auro Vaccines maintains an active collaboration with the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) to develop vaccines to protect against infection with Nipah/Hendra virus and Lassa fever virus in collaboration with its licensee, Emergent BioSolutions.
- Auro Vaccines, in collaboration with its licensee Emergent BioSolutions, maintains an active collaboration with the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) to develop vaccines to protect against infection Lassa fever virus.
- Auro Vaccines receives funding from the US National Institutes of Health to develop vaccines to protect against Bundibugyo ebolavirus and Crimean-congo hemorrhagic fever virus infections
We have assembled a strong management team with world-class expertise in evolving first-in-class and best-in-class vaccines from basic discovery research into FDA-approved products. Auro Vaccines has integrated all the knowledge and expertise necessary to design, test, manufacture, and clinically evaluate its vaccine products.
Our goal is the development and commercialization of safe and highly effective vaccines to treat and prevent viral diseases, and transformational oncolytic vaccines that unleash the body’s own immune system to attack cancer.
Our focus is on major and emerging infectious diseases of public health and biodefense importance and advanced-stage cancers that are not adequately addressed using current approaches.