Hydroclave Systems Corp.
In 1994, the founders of Hydroclave Systems Corp, set out to design a process to sterilize infectious waste in a safe, non-polluting, and cost-effective manner. The need was evident: Increasingly, infectious waste producers, such as hospitals, clinics and laboratories, were coming under pressure to shut down their incinerators, and find alternative ways to treat such waste. Twenty years experience in the industrial heat transfer/steam engineering field was applied to ensure that all waste particles would be subjected thoroughly and evenly to the heat that kills micro organisms, from the smallest pieces such as needles, to bulk liquid infectious waste. Today, the Hydroclave is recognized worldwide as a leader in this field, and Hydroclave units are now operating around the globe, in North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Africa.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Medical Waste
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Firstly, such uniform heat penetration is only possible with dynamic action, that is, continual mixing and fragmenting in a hot vessel. Secondly, indirect steam heat was selected to accompany the dynamic action, to supply uniform heat, and to allow the waste to generate it’s own steam from its moisture content. On those principles the Hydroclave medical waste treatment system was developed, and in 1995 the first unit was tested by the University of Ottawa in an actual Hospital environment, at the Kingston General Hospital, Ontario, Canada.
Excellent test results confirmed the engineering principles on which the Hydroclave is based: 6log10 spore reduction of the bacillus stearothermophilus was achieved in only 30 minutes, at 121 Deg. C. and 15 Psi. The results were valid for treating waste with widely varying characteristics, such as dry or liquid, packaged or loose waste. Such desirable results by the Hydroclave process was recognized as unique and the Hydroclave process was patented.
Hydroclave delivers long-term and sustainable sterilization solutions in solid and liquid waste for our clients, partners and humanity in general, we involve medical establishments, universities, waste operators, governments, municipalities, developers and key industrial companies. We do this by:
- Delivering crucial hands-on experience and knowledge on sustainable sterilizing solutions for hazardous, infectious and medical waste – essential for every urban area across the world
- Maintaining close, long-term relationships with our clients
- Creating solid long-term strategic alliances and partnerships
- Securing and maintaining competitive advantage through the innovative and cost-efficient design and operation of medical waste management systems – particularly sterilization solutions
Hydroclave Corp’s stringent business processes ensure that our operations are consistently in line with current international standards and best practice, while we aim to create a flexible and conducive business environment for our clients and partners. These processes can include:
- Carrying out business and financial planning
- Specifying plant performance requirements and operation/maintenance (O&M) levels
- Overseeing design, construction and due diligence
- Consulting on medical waste management
- Managing transition phases from construction to operation
- Overseeing completion testing and training staff
- Regulating and auditing the customer satisfaction process
With the global medical waste management industry posed for some of its biggest transformations to-date, Hydroclave Corp is ready to take a lead in the current and future challenges of making the sector sustainable for generations to come, while offering attractive business propositions to our clients and partners. We hope you will join us in welcoming the challenges and optimising the major opportunities, both current and future, across all infectious, hazardous and medical waste sectors globally.