Merits Health Products, Inc
Merits Health Products is driven to improve lives - every day, all over the world - by making high-quality power mobility chairs and scooters, manual chairs, motorized beds, patient aids and respiratory products. Our first-rate designs are the culmination of years of experience and research, as well as a thorough understanding of the special needs of our customers. Merits is synonymous with innovative engineering, constant product development, adaptability, and caring customer support.
Founded in 1985 in Taichung, Taiwan, Merits Health Products LTD established its US division, Merits USA, 10 years later in Southwest Florida. The recipient of numerous awards and business-quality certifications, Merits has two plants in Taichung, Taiwan, a plant in Suzhou, China - and two bicoastal US warehouses in order to meet the needs of our clients around the globe.
Meeting the needs of our Team
The best products and services cannot come into being without the best team to back them up. That's why we're committed to creating a great working environment for all our employees. Training, education, environmental considerations, worker health and safety are all important issues for Merits. A happy team is a productive team, and a productive team creates winning products and services.
Merits’ logo is a symbol of our commitment to provide first-rate products and services that enhance human life.
- 1987 Established with a capital of MT 17.70 million dollars and manufactured manual wheelchair and walker.
- 1991 Initiated R&D of electric power wheelchair and scooter.
- 1995 Received Taiwan National System of Excellence Award for electric power wheelchair and scooter. Established Merits USA subsidiary in Florida.
- 1996 Increased capital to 73.87 million dollars.
- 1997 Awarded ISO 9002 certificate.
- 2000 Initiated R&D of oxygen concentration; established China factory to produce manual wheelchair and walker for cost efficiency.
- 2002 Passed FDA (U.S.A) quality system physical exam.
- 2003 Increased capital to 273.87 million dollars.
- 2005 Established R&D center & Business headquarter.
- 2007 Introduction of the Mid Wheel Drive power chair.
- 2008 Began construction of a new factory in Suzhou, Jiangsu, China.
- 2009 Introduction of the U-Fill oxygen tank filling system.
- 2010 New China factory in Suzhou, Jiangsu, China commenced operation.
- 2011 New Factory in Taichung, Taiwan commenced operation.
- 2019 US Headquarters moves to Fort Myers, Florida.
Merits Health Products has pledged to maintain competitive pricing to continually ensure that the consumer is always afforded the highest quality of products for their money.
With a solid guarantee and a strong warranty, associated with nationwide representation, Merits stands firmly behind every mobility product carrying the Merits name.
Merits maintains direct and continuous communication with our designers in order to create the best products possible. In addition, we also listen to feedback from dealers, our sales team and end-users to ensure our latest health products provide even more benefits to customers.