Founded in 1986 as a medical supplies distributor, today Permedica S.p.A. has become a leading producer and provider of orthopaedic surgical products for hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasty. Located in Merate near the hills of the Brianza district of Northern Italy, Permedica occupies one of the largest and most modern production facilities in Europe, dedicated to promoting continuous growth and innovation within the orthopaedic sector. Talented young engineers and technicians enable Permedica to respond rapidly to market changes and requirements within the orthopaedic and dental community. Commitment to excel in Research & Development, Manufacturing and Marketing of leading edge joint replacement products are the basis for the company’s continuous expansion.
“In the 90s I decided to take on this entrepreneurial challenge thanks to the advent of new technologies and solutions for orthopedics.
The idea that quality products with innovative design, in the hands of professionals, could improve people’s quality of life, led me to believe in this project.
The goal of Permedica is to restore movement with an active lifestyle, helping to draw a better future for patients.”
Our mission is to create innovative and superior quality orthopedic prostheses.
To offer products with high added value, we continuously invest to guarantee the best results in every phase of the project : research and development, production and after-sales services.
We do not accept compromises, so we carry out the entire production cycle of the product internally .
This is why our creed has always been
“Challenging Excellence in Technology”!
Our strategy to sustain development and strong growth is the continuous improvement of the level of our activities, products and services.
The company's Quality Policy is aimed at not compromising on safety and quality : our processes are subject to continuous updates and innovations in order to obtain constant improvement.
Permedica has a Quality Management System compliant with the provisions of the European Directive 93/42 / EEC (and subsequent amendments and additions) relating to medical devices and certified in accordance with the international standard ISO 13485.
The company's Quality Management System pays particular attention to the application of the directive and specific regulations for medical devices to guarantee absolute control over all stages of design, production and sale.
- 1986: Permedica S.p.A. is founded by Marco Perego. The company’s focus is on orthopedic implants for hip and knee.
- 1992: The first prosthesis produced by Permedica is introduced on the market. This is the Jump Femoral Stem.
- 1997: The company is constantly growing and needs to be expanded. The facility in Merate is inaugurated.
- 2015: the Permedica Orthopaedics brand is born.
- 2016: The international expansion of the company begins with the opening of the first branch: Permedica Switzerland.
- 2017: First implantation of the Mirai shoulder prosthesis. Permedica adds shoulder arthroplasty solutions to its product portfolio.
- 2017: The opening of Permedica Germany consolidates the company’s international growth.
- 2018: Permedica strengthens its international presence in new markets, with 2 branches and over 20 distributors worldwide.
- 2019: Permedica India is born, a crucial presence which strengthens the Company position in Asia.
- 2020: With Permedica Austria, Permedica completes its presence in the DACH region.
- 2020: The corporate growth doesn’t stop and it is shown with the introduction of Permedica South Korea, strenghtening the market oversee in Asia.
- 2020: The company is now present in 25 countries worldwide.
- 2021: The expansion goes on reaching a highly strategic goal thanks to the opening of the branch Permedica Australia.
- 2021: With 6 branches and more than 30 distributors, Permedica is present and operates in five continents.