Phyton Biotech operates the world’s largest Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology facility with more than 200,000 litres of fermentation capacity and multiple production lines from kilograms to tonnes of product volumes. With our state-of-the-art facilities, we are uniquely equipped to address the entire development chain, including sourcing/selection of plant material, cell line/fermentation/downstream process development, analytical development, semi-synthesis and scale-up to commercial production.
History & Ownership
Our company’s inspiring history began in 1990 with the work of two talented postdoctoral fellows at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. With the objective of developing manufacturing solutions for complex natural phytochemicals using Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology, they advanced an idea that many people thought would be impossible to realize: to produce paclitaxel (one of the world’s most important anti-cancer drugs) from plant cell cultures through plant cell fermentation instead of by harvesting rare and slow-growing pacific yew trees.
Today, Phyton Biotech is the world’s largest producer of high-quality paclitaxel and docetaxel via Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) technology. We also offer comprehensive development services for biopharmaceuticals and phytochemicals using PCF®, serving the Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, Agricultural and Food Ingredient industries. Phyton is a subsidiary of DFB Pharmaceuticals.
At the Forefront of Innovation and Excellence Through “Green” Chemistry
Our mission, vision and values have been core to our success for over 25 years and guide our exceptional people every day in everything they do.
As responsible members of the global health care community, we focus on:
- The development and manufacture of safe and reliable pharmaceutical ingredients and phytochemicals through PCF® Technology
- The development and application of products and technologies which improve quality of life for patients and consumers while respecting our environment
- The creation of value for our shareholders and partners
- To be a CDMO and investment partner for high-value ingredients (Pharmaceutical, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Cosmetic, Agricultural and Food) via PCF® combined with downstream processing and semi-synthesis
- To be a manufacturer and global purveyor of active pharmaceutical ingredients and phytochemicals with a focus on health, nutrition and improving quality of life
- To be an innovative developer of and investor in pharmaceutical products with an emphasis on pharmaceutical ingredients and phytochemicals via PCF®
Quality – Committed to the delivery of products and services of exceptional quality, exceeding the expectations of our customers, partners and shareholders
Customer/Partner Focus – Dedication to our customer/partner expectations and ambitions through our decisions and actions
Professionalism – Unsurpassed scientific, technical and business capabilities in service to our customers, partners and employees
Integrity – Achieve the highest of ethical standards in all that we do
Performance – Excel at developing and providing innovative products and solutions, exceeding our commitments to all our stakeholders, partners and customers
Environmental Responsibility – Competitive commercial-scale manufacturing in an environmentally sound manner through PCF®