Amsel Medical Announces Expanded Medical Advisor Group
Experienced team brings track record of quality product counsel for growth
Cambridge, Mass. -- Amsel Medical Corp. today announced the expansion of its medical advisory team as the company advances the current product commercialization phase to address the demand for minimally invasive, simple and secure occlusion.
Joining the advisory team are -
- Col. John Dorsch, DO, USAF, Retired; prior wing surgeon, physician, and medical officer for the 24th Special Operations Wing (Air Force Special Operations Command) and Air Force Pararescue Medical Director
- Joshua Hazelton, DO, Trauma Medical Director, Associate Professor of Surgery and Section Chief of Trauma at Penn State Health
- Thomas Proebstle, MD, Professor of Dermatology for the Department of Dermatology, Mainz University Medical Center and founder of Private Clinic Proebstle
They will join existing advisors -
- Thomas O’Donnell, MD, former CEO and President of Tufts Medical Center
- Elazer R. Edelman, MD, professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard Medical School and Senior Attending Physician Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Steven Schwaitzberg, MD, Chair of Surgery at the University of Buffalo
“These physicians represent a team of leading authorities in their respective fields who understand the clinical and patient needs, the demands on physicians and have successful track records helping bring innovative clinical solutions to market,” said Amsel Medical CEO David Doster. “We are proud and excited to have them on board and to invest their expertise in the path we are pursuing today.”
Amsel Medical’s SCureClamp™ with Interdigitation Occlusion Technology (iDOT™) is designed to easily and securely close vessels – veins, arteries, and tubular structures including ducts – for surgical and interventional procedures.
About Amsel Medical Corporation
Amsel Medical Corporation is a medical device venture delivering simple and secure technology for vessel and duct occlusion. Its CE mark and FDA cleared SCureClamp™ with Interdigitation Occlusion Technology (iDOT™) is designed to easily and securely close vessels – veins, arteries, and tubular structures like ducts – for surgical and interventional procedures. The unique mechanical surgical clamping technology is delivered directly through a fine, minimally invasive, 18G needle. iDOT’s anchoring feature secures the implant in place and eliminates slippage. Its Grasping feature allows physicians to occlude vessels of varying sizes, types and wall thickness.