Eaton Showcasing Expanded Power Management Solutions for Reliable, Safe Healthcare at ASHE 2015 Booth #1205 from July 12 through 15
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Power management company Eaton today announced it is showcasing an expanded portfolio of solutions at the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) 2015 annual conference from July 12 through 15, at the John B. Hynes Memorial Convention Center in Boston. In booth #1205, Eaton will highlight its products and services designed to help medical service providers focus investment on patient care through enhanced power reliability, safety and energy efficiency.
“Modern technology is helping revolutionize treatment practices, and also creating a range of new power management challenges,” said Justin Carron, segment manager, Eaton. “While today’s medical facilities continue advancing the quality of care, Eaton’s solutions help maintain a reliable source of power, meet changing requirements and manage energy costs proactively – all while enhancing safety and security for patients, visitors and staff.”
Eaton’s products and services can help medical facilities modernize aging infrastructures, reduce the risk of contamination, protect critical equipment and avoid unplanned downtime. During the conference, Eaton will showcase the benefits of its expanded portfolio for the healthcare market, including:
- The industry’s broadest range of fuse and breaker-based circuit protection solutions, enabling customers to achieve code compliance more effectively and economically.
- Innovative and reliable light-emitting diode (LED) lighting and controls solutions, including the Fail-Safe™ MAE patient room luminaire, Metalux® Cruze® and SkyRidge™ LED luminaires and the Room Controller lighting control system.
- Automatic transfer switches for the reliable transfer of essential loads and electrical distribution systems from one power source to another. And, the ATC-900 automatic transfer switch controller, which brings reliability, intelligence, and programming capabilities to automatic transfer switch equipment.
- Arrow Hart® line of switches and wallplates featuring CuVerro® Antimicrobial Copper Surfaces that, when cleaned regularly, deliver continuous and ongoing antibacterial* action, remaining effective in killing greater than 99.9 percent of bacteria* within two hours.
- Quik-Spec® fusible panelboards that offer flexible configurations, increased safety and easier specification, and are available with up to 1200-ampere mains – all in the industry’s smallest fusible panelboard footprint.
- Hospital grade USB chargers with duplex receptacles that offer two integrated USB ports and are designed to eliminate the need for bulky, specialized adapters to offer workers and patients a simple charging solution for electronic devices.
Additionally, Eaton will showcase the capabilities of its Electrical Engineering Services and Systems Division, one of the largest and most experienced teams of power system engineers in the industry. The expert team provides a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle, whether design, build or support. To learn more, visit www.eaton.com/service.
ASHE is a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association. More than 11,000 members count ASHE as a key source of professional development, industry information, and advocacy, including representation on key issues that affect their work in the physical health care environment. For more information about ASHE, contact 312-422-3800 or visit www.ashe.org.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2014 sales of $22.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro® antimicrobial copper surfaces kill greater than 99.9 percent of the following bacteria within two hours of exposure: MRSA, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7. CuVerro® antimicrobial copper surfaces are a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices and have been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. CuVerro is a registered trademark of GBC Metals, LLC and is used with permission, CW-0013-1207.
†Not approved for direct food contact or food packaging uses. (1) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) October 2009. (2) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) October 2000