Capsule - Model Vitals Plus - Capsule Medical Device Information Platform (MDIP)
From Patient Monitoring
Simplify vitals acquisition and utilization: Vitals Plus, now with capnography, is part of the Capsule Medical Device Information Platform (MDIP), a solution that supports efficient workflows to enhance the delivery of care. A well-organized, vivid display of patient vitals and an integrated Early Warning Scoring System (EWSS) that calculates a score quickly at the bedside (combining certain vitals and clinician observations), help in identifying patients at risk of deterioration. More efficient workflows and easy acquisition of vital signs, and the ability to continuously monitor critical parameters, could translate to more time with the patient and a more accurate patient record.
- New hardware
- More powerful processor
- Updated operating system
- End-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2) waveform and numerics
- Fractional concentration of inspired carbon dioxide (FiCO2)
- Respiration rate (RR)
- Avoids typical risks associated with manual transcription errors and data/chart mix-ups
- Supplies spot check or continuously streaming data to any documentation system, decision support application and clinical research database
- A well-organized, vivid display of patient vitals and an integrated Early Warning Scoring System (EWSS) that calculates a score quickly at the bedside (combining certain vitals and clinician observations), help to identify patients at risk of deterioration.
- Gives clinicians easy and secure access to patient data at the bedside with rapid authentication
- Ensures the right data is entered by the right team member with role-based authorization
The Capsule Early Warning Scoring System** is an optional application that uses vital signs data acquired through Capsule Vitals Plus. Simple to use, automated and reliable, the Early Warning Scoring System registers subtle changes in the patient’s state while the clinician is at the bedside and able to intervene. EWSS is configured by each hospital to provide an immediate aggregate score, and this score can guide clinicians through appropriate actions as defined by hospital protocol. This includes sending the score to alarm and alert systems that can activate a rapid response or medical emergency team. The Capsule Early Warning Scoring System also provides detailed trending information to place patients’ scores in clinical context.