Dexta - Model EXTO - Lasik & Cataract Eye Surgery Chair
Dexta Corporation is proud to introduce you to their newest innovation – the EXTO chair. The EXTO chair was designed to fill the growing need of doctors for a safe and stable Lasik surgery platform – with easy patient access and exit. The EXTO chair is the first chair that enables the physician to blend the Femto and Excimer lasers together – into one smooth operation. Dexta has always been the leader in patient positioning and the EXTO chair is no exception. The EXTO doesn't require a patient to climb to sit, to lift their feet or scoot into position.
The Dexta EXTO:
- The EXTO is the ultimate in easy patient access and exit.
- The EXTO is the first chair to blend two lasers into one smooth, efficient operation.
- The EXTO's safety features minimize accidental movement, and,
- The EXTO's XYZ joystick control is the ultimate in precision patient positioning.
- Dexta. The ultimate in patient
Dexta. The ultimate in patient positioning. Since 1966.
- ..and gently and quickly move the patient back to the lasers. Once the patient has been moved between the two lasers, the doctor moves to a sitting position at the patient's head.
- Once the patient is seated, the hand-held controller allows the doctor to flatten the chair...
- The doctor depresses the foot pedal and the braking mechanism is released. The hand control is now disengaged and the chair emits a beeping sound as the patient is rotated 25° under the Femto laser. When the brake is re-engaged, the beeping noise stops and the joystick now controls the chairs movement.
- Using the joystick, the doctor now has complete XYZ control of the patient position – Up, down, side-to-side, forward and backward.
- The joystick is proportional and variable-speed – it responds instantly to the doctor's hand movements.
- It also features a jog function that moves the chair 1/3000 of an inch. It's the ultimate in precision patient positioning.
- After the first laser operation is completed, the doctor releases the brake, rotates the chair through the 0° position to the opposite 25° position, under the Excimer laser.
- The beeping sound stops when the brake is re-engaged. The doctor uses the joystick again to precisely position the patient under the Excimer laser and perform the second operation.
- With the procedure now complete, the brake is released and the chair is returned to the 0° position. The hand control becomes operative when the brake is engaged and...
- ...the patient can now be quickly and safely moved away from the lasers and into an upright position for easy exit from the chair. As a safety feature, the chair will not incline when the patient is under either laser.
- ETL/CE Certified
- Electric back and toe articulation
- Electric vertical lift base (z axis)
- Electric right and left travel (x axis)
- Electric for and aft travel (y axis)
- Extendable headrest with lock
- Swivel system (several options available)
- Hand control for entry/exit movement
- Joystick for precision xyz movement
- Choice of upholstery color
XYZ Joystick Features
- Locked center position enables the hand control, which is used to move the patient forward and backwards on the chair. The joystick is locked out.
- When the chair is unlocked a warning buzzer sounds. When the chair is relocked the warning buzzer stops.
- A left and right locked position under the lasers enables the joystick. The hand control is locked out.
- Provides 3 axis variable speed control
- Jog function movement 1/3000' (.076 mm)
- X axis travel 4' (102 mm)
- Y axis travel 8' (203 mm)