From Specialty Sutures
TEFLENE is a PTFE suture brand manufactured by Dolphin Sutures from India. We are the first and only Indian brand to introduce PTFE sutures in India. Our products also CE certified with DNV GL Presafe, Norway.
PTFE suture is a monofilament non-absorbable, extremely soft and smooth material composed of a strand of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). This material is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene that is very strong, knots well and biologically inert.
Our suture is white in color and some of the SKUs are available with black needles for enhancing the visibility during the surgery. Teflene material has a very low friction coefficient, meaning it slides easily through tissue compared to other materials, thereby limiting the possibility of tissue damage. This feature, along with the monofilament construction, prevents the possibility of bacterial wicking into the surgical site.
Our PTFE suture is designed to be an ultra-soft, high density surgical suture making it an ideal choice for oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Material : Polytetrafluoroethylene
- Coating : Uncoated
- Colour : Undyed
- Absorption : Not applicable
- Sizes : 6-0, 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 2-0
- Tissue Reaction : Grade -2, Reactivity - Mild
- Applications : Dental, skin closure, general surgery
- 100% Medical Grade PTFE which is biologically inert and highly bio-compatible.
- Monofilament structure does not allow bacteria wicking into the surgical site.
- Teflene sutures being non-absorbable keeps the surgical site reliably closed.
- Soft and flexible for patients (not stiff like most monofilaments).
- Teflene sutures are available from U.S.P. size 2-0 to size 6-0.
- No package memory and Ultra-smooth surface.
- Excellent security with snug and flattened knot.
- High tensile strength.
- Proprietary construction reduces the potential for bacterial migration into the surgical site.
- Provides support to the tissues during the whole healing process unlike other absorbable sutures.
- Biologically inert and chemically non-reactive and decreased redness, and decreased inflammation around suture lines.
- PTFE sutures are individually packed in a primary medical grade paper folder.
- Individually packed sutures are then packed in a peel-open aluminum foil
- Sutures are further packed in small cartons made from premium 320 GSM Cyber XLPac in 12 suture pack.
- Boxes are further laminated in tamper proof film to protect it from dirt/dust.
- Further, the sutures are packed in an export worthy 7 ply master carton which can accommodate 100 boxes ( 70 x 30 x 30 cms) – weighing up to 9 to 10kg and 200 boxes ( 70 x 29 x 59 cms) – weighing up to 18kg