DSEclinical - Model 5198 - Dental Simulation Units
From Dental Education
Simulation unit for practical teaching at the highest level. The dental simulation unit KaVo DSEclinical 5198 sets new standards in relation to hygiene, treatment, ergonomics and simple operability.
DSEclinical 5198 is based on the successful KaVo ESTETICA E50 and offers the latest standards in relation to ergonomics, handling, health protection and reliability. Thanks to its modular concept, DSEclinical is very flexible and can be perfectly adapted to individual desires and to structural conditions.
With KaVo DSEclinical 5198, students learn right from the start, under more realistic conditions:
- In a pre-clinical environment, students learn using standard treatment centre components and do not have to adjust to new equipment later in their education
- Optimum treatment ergonomics with height-adjustable dentist and assistant elements
- Best protection of student health, with integrated, continuous and intensive disinfection of internal water-lines
- Integrated endo-function, for convenient practice without separate, freestanding devices
The simulation unit DSEclinical, can be reconfigured in a few seconds and without the use of tools, to accommodate either a right-handed or a left-handed student.
The DSEclinical combination workplace, combines a simulation unit with a complete ESTETICA E50 treatment centre.
If required, both units can be used as simulation units, when the patient torso is fixed to the ESTETICA E50 patient chair. 'Click & fix' mounting of the patient torso on ESTETICA E50 and PRIMUS1058.
To replicate the practice environment and train typical patient-handling skills, one student can adopt the role of 'patient' and be 'treated' by other students on the treatment centre.
Two very special features of the DSEclinical 5198, are the high degree of flexibility in equipment specification and the varied combination options. This means that the DSEclinical can be adapted to all the structural features of your clinic. An example of the most commonly installed version of the double-chair version is displayed.
The patient simulator can be optimally adjusted to all treatment positions. For maximum flexibility, KaVo jaw simulators (G20, G40 and G50) can be installed and supplemented with KaVo study models. Various facemasks can be optionally selected.
Nominal voltage (country-specific)
- 100 V / 50/60 Hz
- 120 V / 50/60 Hz
- 230 V / 50/60 Hz
- Intermittent duty for motor KL 701, operating time is 2 minutes,
- pause time is 8 minutes
- Intermittent duty for motor KL 702, operating time is 0.5 minutes,
- pause time is 9 minutes
- Intermittent duty for lift motor simulator, operating time is 25
- seconds, pause time is 7 minutes
- Power consumption approx. 450 VA in the basic version
- Building water pressure 2 to 3 bar
- Building air pressure 5 to 7 bar
- Maximum water consumption 0.1 L/min
- Maximum air consumption with external suction 60 L/min
- Type T6.3 H / 50/60 Hz
- Maximum permitted mains voltage variations
- ±10 % of the nominal voltage
- Overvoltage category II
- Water quality drinking water
- Water hardness 1.5 to 2.14 mmol/L _ 8.4° to 12° dH
- pH value 7.2 to 7.8
- Dental drives
- Handpieces depending on type up to 300,000 rpm
- KL motor 40,000 rpm