FlexiOH - Radial Gutter Immobilizer
Absolute washable orthopedic Immobilizer for immobilization at meta-carpals and phalanges of the index and middle finger, leave the thumb, ring and pinky finger freely mobile.
- Distal Radius Fracture with/without Metacarpal Fracture
- Non-displaced second or third Metacarpal Fractures
- Non-displaced second or third Proximal Phalanx Fracture
FlexiOH® Radial Gutter immobilizers are designed for immobilization of metacarpals and phalanges .It has an inbuilt soft cushioning padding which is very comfortable for skin contact. It is used to provide support for fingers injuries (ligament instability, sprain or muscle strain), fractures of the base of the first metacarpal (Rolando fracture/ Bennett’s fracture). HCP needs to apply it on the patient’s hand and then cure it with the RizyCure® light device (recommended) or direct sunlight for around 3-5 minutes depending on the size of immobilizer, until it gets rigid.
FlexiOH® Radial Gutter Immobilizer comes in 4 different sizes: S, M L and XL. All of the immobilizers vary in terms of wrist circumference, forearm circumference and finger length. For the best fit of FlexiOH® Radial gutter Immobilizer, taking the measurement of patient’s hand is necessary before application.
FlexiOH® Radial Gutter Immobilizer application process is as follows:
- Step – 1 : For choosing the appropriate size first measure the arm circumference
- Step – 2 : then measure the finger length and choose appropriate size from size chart
- Step – 3 : Take the best fit size of Radial Gutter Immobilizer
- Step – 4 : Place immobilizer over the fractured hand anchoring thumb
- Step – 5 : Pull the puller of the zip until the end
- Step – 6 : As it adapts to the shape of the hand and start reduction process
- Step – 7 : Position the fingers and palm before curing process
- Step – 8 : Take fully charged RizyCure® Light Device
- Step – 9 : First start curing around the thumb and palm area
- Step – 10 : Expose 3-10 minutes thoroughly and check every corner until it’s hardened
- Step – 11 : After curing process apply the Velcro strap around the fingers
FlexiOH® provide ~46 % open area of skin to breathe, wash, and exposure to sunlight which all are necessary to maintain healthy skin.