FlexiOH - Short Leg Immobilizer
Absolute washable orthopedic Immobilizer for lower extremity fractures and soft tissue injury.
- Lower leg fractures around ankle
- Fractures of foot bone
- Severe ankle sprains and strains or fractures.
- Immobilize leg or foot muscles and tendons in place after surgery to allow healing
FlexiOH® Short leg immobilizers are designed as orthopedic casting technology for lower extremity fractures and soft tissue injury. It has an built-in zip system which makes the application process very easy and comfortable. With unique FlexiOH® Technology, this short leg immobilizer gives better patient comfort along with breathability and washability. For application of FlexiOH® short leg immobilizer, doctors need to apply it on the patient’s leg with the zip and then cure it with the Rizycure® light device (recommended) or direct sunlight for 8-10 mins depending on the size of immobilizer. Once it is rigid , it will take the shape of the patient’s leg for support during immobilization..
FlexiOH® Short Leg Immobilizer comes in 6 different sizes : XXS, XS, S, M, L and XL. All the casts vary in terms of calf circumference, above ankle circumference, head of meta-tarsal circumference and foot length. For the best fit of FlexiOH® Short leg immobilizer, taking the measurement of the patient’s leg is necessary before application.
* Above sizes fit better as per dimensions mentioned in the table.
* However FlexiOH® adapts to an oversize at certain extend by stretch-ability.
* We advise healthcare professionals to choose the size as per patient’s comfort.
FlexiOH® Short Leg Immobilizer application process is as follows:
- Step – 1 : Measure the circumference of Calf, ankle and foot and Choose the appropriate size from given chart
- Step – 2 : Put the ankle at the center of the immobilizer as per shown in the image
- Step – 3 : Wrap the immobilizer around the foot and close the zip.
- Step – 4 : Cover the malleoli with ankle cushion pad provided with the immobilizer
- Step – 5 : Close the other zip over the shin and align with the foot zip in a straight line
- Step – 6 : Adjust the the immobilizer edges over the ankle cushion properly before curing
- Step – 7 : Take Fully charged RizyCure® light device
- Step – 8 : Start curing process around back of the foot, make sure there should not be any gap between foot and immobilizer
- Step – 9 : Expose light device all over the foot area until it’s harden
- Step – 10 : Now start exposing immobilizer around the ankle and mold the FlexiOH® as per requirement
- Step – 11 :Start curing remaining area around the calf and make proper contour
- Step – 12 :Apply the cast shoe after curing process for better comfort and stability
FlexiOH® Short Leg Immobilizer provide ~45 % open area of skin to breathe, wash, and exposure to sunlight which all are necessary to maintain healthy skin.