FlexiOH - Ulnar Gutter Immobilizer
Absolute washable orthopedic Immobilizer for immobilization at meta-carpals and phalanges of the pinky and ring fingers.
- Boxer’s Fracture
- Non-displaced fourth or fifth Metacarpal Fractures
- Non-displaced fourth or fifth Proximal Phalanx Fracture
- Non-displaced fourth or fifth Middle Phalanx Fracture
FlexiOH® Ulnar Gutter Immobilizers are designed for immobilization of metacarpals and phalanges. It has an inbuilt soft cushioning padding which is very comfortable for skin contact. It is used to provide support for fingers injuries (ligament instability, sprain or muscle strain), fractures through the neck of the fifth metacarpal. HCP needs to apply it on the patient’s hand and then cure it with the RizyCure® light device (recommended) or direct sunlight for around 3-5 minutes depending on the size of immobilizer, until it gets rigid.
FlexiOH® Ulnar Gutter Immobilizer comes in 4 different sizes: S, M L and XL. All of the immobilizers vary in terms of wrist circumference, forearm circumference and finger length. For the best fit of FlexiOH® Ulnar Gutter Immobilizer, taking the measurement of the patient’s hand is necessary before application.
FlexiOH® Ulnar Gutter Immobilizer application process is as follows:
- Step – 1 : For choosing the appropriate size first measure the arm circumference
- Step – 2 : then measure the finger length and choose appropriate size from size chart
- Step – 3 : Take the best fit size of Ulnar Gutter Immobilizer
- Step – 4 : Place immobilizer below the fractured hand
- Step – 5 : Adjust and wrap it round
- Step – 6 : Lock the snap button to fix immobilizer around the palm
- Step – 7 : Pull the puller of the zip until the end
- Step – 8 : Adjust the immobilizer in such a way that it covers fingers and arm
- Step – 9 : Position the fingers and palm before curing process
- Step – 10 : Take fully charged RizyCure® Light Device
- Step – 11 : Expose 3-10 minutes thoroughly and check every corner until it’s hardened
- Step – 12 : After curing process apply the Velcro strap around the fingers
FlexiOH® provide ~46 % open area of skin to breathe, wash, and exposure to sunlight which all are necessary to maintain healthy skin.