Paramount - Model HFi - Integrated Generator and Solid-State Matching RF Power Delivery System
Advanced Energy's Paramount HFi is a 13.56 MHz RF power delivery system with an integrated solid-state matching network capable of operating across a wide variety of impedance zones. The solution offers consistent power delivery, high power density, and exceptional reliability.
- Minimize footprint by mounting the integrated system directly onto the chamber
- Achieve repeatable power delivery across a wide impedance zone with 32 tune range positions
- High reliability and reproducibility due to no moving parts
The Paramount® HFi is an integrated RF delivery solution for deposition and other semiconductor plasma-based processes. An electrically switchable solid-state capacitor array is physically integrated with the RF power amplifier providing the most compact form-factor power delivery system available. With an overall package size nearly equal to that of a traditional RF power generator, this design also includes the matching network within the common enclosure. The matching network, with 32 tune range positions, allows for reliable RF power delivery across a wide range of impedances.
In addition to a reduced footprint, mechanically driven vacuum capacitors are replaced in the integrated matching network with solid state components for increased reliability and repeatability — crucial attributes in high-cycle, repetitive processes. By eliminating the traditional stand-alone vacuum capacitor matching network, very fast tuning and direct power regulation are achieved, reducing latency in today’s short-cycle, high step-count deposition processes.
- Utilize faster tuning speeds to enables stable performance even in the shortest process steps
- Decrease costs with integrated package configuration when compared to separate generator and matching network
- Free up valuable real estate on multi-wafer chamber deposition systems with reduced footprint
- 32 tune range positions with millisecond switching speeds to enable the shortest process steps
- Controllable tune range positions optimize the impedance range to customer process
- Water-cooled with no requirements for external air exchange
- Common exciter (CEX) mode to sync multiple systems in cluster configurations
- RS-232, Ethernet, and EtherCAT communication