SAI - Model HGS-10 - Glycerol and Heparin Dextrose Catheter
Heparin glycerol and heparin dextrose catheter locking solutions for laboratory animal studies. These pharmaceutical grade solutions are proven performers in catheterized animal studies, and are available in the concentration recommended by surgical model vendors - 500 IU USP Heparin per 1mL in 50% solution of Dextrose or Glycerol. Extend the patency of vascular catheters in mice, rats, pigs, dogs and primates. Solutions are not available for online purchase. Customizations available. Minimum purchase required for some volumes and formulations.
- Used in both large and small species
- High osmolarity of dextrose prevents bacterial colonization
- High viscosity reduces washout from the catheter tip
- Effective physical barrier against clot formation
- 500 IU USP Heparin/mL in 50% solution. All solutions are pharmaceutical grade. Custom formulations available- request details.
- Also available in pre-filled syringes to ensure clean catheter access