Additional Tests Services
Protecting Your Good Health. Two additional tests help doctors stop cancer before it starts. Finding dysplasia (precancer) while it’s still harmless is the key to preventing cancer. In addition to WATS3D for screening and evaluation in the esophagus, CDx Diagnostics is partnering with healthcare professionals with 2 additional diagnostic tests that help make oral and throat cancer preventable.
Most popular related searches
A Painless Diagnostic Test to Assist Doctors in Preventing Oral Cancer
- Almost all oral cancer starts as a small red or white precancerous spot, which can be seen during a careful oral examination.
- These spots can contain unhealthy (dysplastic) cells that may still be harmless today, but can typically be removed before they progress into cancer.
- The special brush has tiny bristles that collect cells as the tool rotates on the oral spot. It can be used anywhere in the mouth.
- Once the cells have been collected, the sample is sent to CDx Diagnostics to help the doctors determine the cause of the common oral spot while making sure that the abnormality is not precancer or cancer.
Oral Cancer Facts
- Oral cancer kills about as many Americans as melanoma and twice as many as cervical cancer.
- Oral Cancer is rising in women, young people and non-smokers.
- Over 25% of oral cancer victims have no known risk factors.
No reviews were found for Additional Tests Services. Be the first to review!