Custom Gene Synthesis Services
Biomatik has been proudly serving 10,000+ scientists since 2002. Biomatik is proud to offer high quality and speedy gene synthesis service at the most affordable prices in the industry. We can synthesize genes for as low as $90/gene, and as fast as 2-3 weeks for most genes under 2 kb! Our extensive experience in gene synthesis technologies has afforded us the capability to take on the most complex of gene sequences. Unlike traditional molecular cloning technologies, Biomatik’s gene synthesis service offers cost-effective solutions and quick turn-around time for your custom DNA synthesis, cloning, and/or recombinant expression project needs. We also offer a wide range of downstream services, including subcloning, mutagenesis, and plasmid preparations.
Select publications featuring custom genes synthesized by Biomatik:
- Nature. 2020 Mar 5;180(5):878-894.e19. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2020.01.029. Epub 2020 Feb 13. PMID: 32059783
Title: Lymphoma Driver Mutations in the Pathogenic Evolution of an Iconic Human Autoantibody
- Science. 2019 Apr 12;364(6436). pii: eaav0748. doi: 10.1126/science.aav0748. PMID: 30975858
Title: Glycosidase and glycan polymorphism control hydrolytic release of immunogenic flagellin peptides
Gene Synthesis Service Highlights
- Over 98% success rate with 'No Gene, No Charge' policy.
- Free codon optimization upon request.
- Free subcloning into one of our in-stock vectors - 120+ vectors to choose from!
- Fast turnaround time with 100% sequence accuracy guarantee.
- Site directed mutagenesis service starting from $139.
- One-stop for custom gene, peptide, protein, and antibody services.
- 4 µg of lyophilized plasmid containing the sequence verified gene insert.
- QC data includes: project QA report, complete construct map, and sequence chromatogram. See Sample QA Report.
- Discounts may vary depending on the gene length, complexity and the order volume. Minimum $120/gene.
- Turnaround time (TAT) is an estimated time only; it does not reflect any production difficulties, if so encountered.
- Best price guarantee - we will match/beat a lower price from any reputable competitor.
Complimentary Gene Codon Optimization
To achieve stable and enhanced heterologous protein expression levels, Biomatik offers complimentary codon optimization service to improve codon usage in one or multiple host cell systems. This is a powerful tool when we can combine our synthetic DNA technologies with our proprietary optimization algorithm to achieve the highest possible expression levels in any given host system. There are a variety of critical parameters taken into consideration, including but not limited to:
- Codon usage bias
- GC content
- CpG dinucleotide content
- mRNA secondary structure
- Cryptic splicing sites
- Premature PolyA sites
- Internal chi sites and ribosomal binding sites
- Negative CpG islands
- RNA instability motif (ARE)
- Repeat sequences (direct repeats, reverse repeats, and Dyad repeats)
- Restriction sites that may interfere with cloning
During the gene synthesis quotation request, simply request gene optimization is needed and indicate the expression host species and we will provide a full optimized report for your review.
Cloning and Expression Vectors
Biomatik offers complimentary cloning into a standard cloning vectors for each of your gene synthesis project. We can also subclone your synthesized gene into one of our available expression vectors, for a small subcloning fee. Please note that all of our vectors are supplied free of charge, for laboratory research use only, but not to be used for any commercial purposes. View/Download Vector List.
Biomatik Gene Synthesis Standard WorkflowThere are 6 basic steps involved in generating a synthetic gene sequence:
- Chemical synthesis of short oligonucleotides.
- Oligonucleotides annealing by ligation or polymerase reactions.
- Cloning of gene sequences into specific vectors.
- Screening of E. coli clones to identify putative candidates.
- Sequencing to verify correct plasmid sequence.
- Lyophilization of purified plasmid.