Foreign Patients Services
Liver Surgery for foreign patients at Medanta – The Medicity. Since the author's team and hospital provide a world class liver transplant service at a fraction of the cost of the Western centres, foreign patients regurlarly travel to the centre for liver transplants and other advanced liver surgery. This is especially true for those from near by countries such as Pakistan, Nepal, Afganistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Malaysia, and the UAE. Proximity to their home country and many cultural similarities are the other factors that make Delhi NCR (Gurgaon) a preferred destination for advanced medical treatment with these people. Many such patients suffering terminal liver disease or liver cancer have had successful liver transplants or other major liver operations by the author's team.
The procedure is quite simple.
- The family should contact Dr.A.S.Soin by e-mail, and send all the patient's relevant medical records by e-mail or fax or courier.
- After reviewing the medical details, Dr.A.S.Soin will write back his opinion and whether the
patient needs a liver transplant (or some other liver operation).
- If the patient wishes to pursue the transplant or other treatment at Medanta – The Medicity Dr.Soin will then send all the financial details and donor requirements that are relevant to the case.
- In case a transplant is advised, the family should identify the prospective liver donor(s) and inform Dr.Soin. He will then advise some basic tests for the donor(s) in their home country so that the chances of the donor being finally accepted at Delhi NCR (Gurgaon) are high and there is minimal delay in the transplant. The criteria for the suitable donor are given below.
- Once the donor is identify and tested, and the family is ready to travel to Delhi NCR, Dr.Soin's office will help in the visa process.
- Upon arrival at Delhi, the patient and his attendant's will be received at the airport by a hospital vehicle. The patient will then normally be taken to the hospital (½ hour drive from the airport) and admitted there straightaway. One attendant is allowed to stay with the patient unless the patient is in the ICU. With prior notice, A/C accommodation can be arranged near the hospital for the other attendants where they will be transferred from the airport.
- Emergency Ambulance and Transport Services. Our hospital provides emergency transportation of patients from within India and abroad both by land, air and train.
No reviews were found for Foreign Patients Services. Be the first to review!