Omnimed - E-Consults Services
Over the years, Omnimed has developed a large network of caregivers with whom we work daily. Always keeping in mind our primary objective to offer tools that help improving healthcare by bringing together stakeholders and sharing information, we have launched an innovative project which allows general practitioners to contact specialists through a simple computerized process.
The Service Request Dispatch Centres (CRDS) are currently overflowed with requests that could be managed in first-line medicine provided that family doctors have access to the right information and to specialists through electronic consultations. Family doctors have to send their patients in consultation with specialists hoping their requests are justified and that the specialist will have enough information to guide the patient through the necessary testing to assess the diagnostic of their condition. It is to reduce the number of unnecessary consultations and allow family doctors to obtain answers to certain questions that we’ve implemented this project.
How does it Work?
Simple as 1,2,3!
- The family doctor asks a question to the specialist through a task sent via our electronic medical record and tells him the information to look at in the patient record (clinical notes, medical history, medications, results, etc.)
- The specialist receives an email saying that a new request has been assigned to him.
- He, then, takes a look at the request and access the patient record to get all the information he needs to the best advice to the general practitioner.
- The specialist writes guidelines, advice or thoughts in a note directly in the patient record. Finally, he answers the task sent by the family doctor.
- Facilitate the access to specialists opinion on borderline cases
- Support the diagnosis and improve follow-ups by using clinical tools
- Ensure better documentation of the dialogue between the doctors than in a phone consultation
- Improve knowledge on more complex clinical cases and on new treatments (continuous training)
- Reduce the second line medicine waiting list and the number of simple consultations
- Make a difference in continuous learning for first-line physicians
- Prevent incomplete consultation requests by insuring better documentation of medical cases
- Access the patient’s medical record to understand better his health condition and give sound advice
- Save time and money related to travel
- Decrease waiting for time and stress related to the wait
- Encourage better patient care from family physicians
- Optimize access to specialists through the CRDS thanks to the reduction of requests
- Reduce the number of consultations = Reduce costs associated with these consultations
- Save costs associated to postal services
Up to this date, specialists collaborating with us in the electronic consultation project state that the questions asked through Omnimed are pertinent and can be answered in a couple of minutes without having to see the patient. Family doctors, on their end, really enjoy having easy access to specialists in a couple of clicks without being under the impression that they are bothering them. There's also a big improvement in the quality of the documentation of exchanges between the doctors if we compare to phone consultations.
No reviews were found for Omnimed - E-Consults Services. Be the first to review!