Alamut Visual - Version Plus - Deep Dive Into Genomic Variants Assessment Software
From Other Software
Alamut Visual Plus™ enables deep assessment of variants on a genomic scale, empowering clinical researchers to make accurate decisions for their data interpretation. Alamut Visual Plus™ is a full genome browser designed to help researchers investigate variations of the human genome. The software combines a wide set of external data with high-quality missense and splicing predictors in one unique interface. As a result, Alamut Visual Plus™ decreases the time and effort required to assess the pathogenicity of genomic variants while maximizing lab workflow efficiency. Furthermore, visualization of different bioinformatics formats is now available in parallel, including Sanger, VCF, BED, and BAM files. Researchers can now also benefit from a simultaneous display of multiple genes in separate tabs.
Alamut Visual Plus™ is used in renowned university medical centers, hospitals and private genetic analysis laboratories worldwide. Highly appreciated by its users, the software accelerates complex and time-consuming assessment of variants thanks to its user-friendly interface and integrated features.
It includes regularly curated information from different genomic (e.g. ClinVar, dbSNP, COSMIC) and scientific data sources (e.g. Mastermind® and PubMed®), up-to-date ACMG/AMP guidelines, and HGVS nomenclature.
Alamut Visual Plus™ integrates genomic information from different curated sources and prediction algorithms in one user-friendly environment.
This software offers relevant annotations from public databases such as NCBI, EBI, UCSC and is compliant with the HGVS nomenclature. It allows variant reporting with pathogenicity clues from external sources. Functional impact of variants is assessed with relevant prediction tools:
- Splicing prediction tools (MaxEntScan, NNSPLICE, GeneSplicer, ESE tools)
- Missense prediction tools (SIFT, MutationTaster, PolyPhen-2)
Variant reporting is furthermore assisted with semi-automated ACMG/AMP variant classification.
Alamut Visual Plus™ contains an advanced BAM NGS alignments viewer with VCF support. Sanger electropherograms can also be easily displayed.
- Automatically connect to the well-curated Alamut software suite database
- Manage and visualize laboratory’s variants, stored locally or on laboratory local networks.
- Automatically fill forms in web-based missense prediction tools, eliminating human error risks
- Offer a mutation-focused search engine over PubMed abstracts
- Cited Variants Reference and link to Mastermind® by Genomenon®
- Compatible with standard bioinformatics file formats (e.g., VCF, BAM, BED)
- Visualization of different genes in multiple tabs
- Links to external locus-specific databases
- Nucleotide conservation (phastCons scores)
- Reference transcripts
- dbSNP, gnomAD, ESP/EVS variants
- Japan Human Genetic Variation Database (HGVD)
- ClinVar pathogenic variants
- COSMIC variants (available at no extra cost to both academic and commercial users — users who wish to download the COSMIC database, manipulate or mine it directly would need to obtain the full data from the Sanger Institute)
- Functional protein domains
- Protein secondary structure
- Orthologue alignments