Epione - Robotic Platform for Minimally Invasive Therapies
Epione is an open robotic solution compatible with any imaging systems. The medical robot is designed to allow physicians their choice of any ablative technologies (radiofrequency, microwave, cryoablation, irreversible electroporation) so they can decide the right therapy for each individual patient.
- Define tumor/margin
- Select ablation modality and number of probe
- Visualize ablation zone coverage with 2D/3D image fusion software
- Register robot to patient
- Synchronize respiratory monitor
- Place ablation probe in safety lock needle guide
- Send robot to target down planned trajectory
- Deliver ablative therapy per manufacturer guidelines
- Take post-op CT and overlay with pre-op images to access results
- Compare tumor volume to ablation zone to confirm achievement of end-point
Our goal is to dramatically ease multiple probe procedures which will make treatment of large tumors more predictable.
Epione® is the only interventional oncology robot that offers 6 degrees of freedom and unprecedented dexterity to access difficult trajectories when targeting abdominal tumors.
- Fusion of CT and MRI images
- Enhance the visualization of the tumor
- Real-time respiration tracking
- Synchronization of respiration
for probe placement
- Fusion of pre-and post-ablation images
- Verification of ablation margins
- 6 degrees of freedom for unprecedented dexterity
- Universal needle guide
- Quick & safe needle release