NLP-based AI for automated cancer datasets and registry reporting. Inspirata’s E-Path suite of cancer registry automation solutions is powered by an oncology-specific Natural Language Processing (NLP) based artificial intelligence fine-tuned for cancer reporting. While complementing existing workflows, E-Path removes operator variability and far exceeds human performance in adjudicating reportable cases to help laboratories and cancer services rapidly arrive at more complete and accurate datasets.
Representing Inspirata’s entry-level AI cancer registry solution, E-Path Lite enables institutions to start optimizing their registry workflows by deploying NLP to interrogate their diagnostic reports with a view to accelerating the identification of reportable cancer cases.
Compatible with AP-LIS/LIMS via HL7 and configured to draw on all relevant local or jurisdiction-specific case-finding rules, successful identification of a reportable case sees it syndicated directly to the cancer registry, or surfaced for final-mile quality assurance by the laboratory team within the solution’s dedicated case reviewer user interface.
E-Path Lite introduces an end-to-end workflow of mere seconds while ensuring a greater reporting accuracy and efficiency than what might otherwise be achieved through manual approaches.
Developed for institutions managing more complex cancer registry workflows, E-Path introduces enterprise-level intelligent automation for scalable case-finding, report coding and TNM extraction.
Automatically surfacing case data elements related to morphology, topology, laterality, grade and pathologic staging information, E-Path also augments the patient view via the auto-collation of adjacent reports. Furthermore, E-Path removes the overhead associated with case identification and coding for those laboratories with significant pathology case throughput and/or struggling to meet their cancer registry obligations.
E-Path Plus is Inspirata’s flagship oncology NLP solution and has been developed to support all stakeholders benefiting from or involved in the process of cancer dataset creation, abstraction and registry reporting.
Building on the automated cancer case-finding and report coding functionality offered through its sister E-Path solutions, E-Path Plus maximizes the extensibility and breadth of the underlying NLP engine and oncology knowledgebase to empower users – whether laboratory or cancer service teams, cancer registrars or clinical researchers – to execute at scale the multitude of requests made of them for accurate and timely clinical datasets for population health, research studies, and registry reporting.
E-Path Plus is designed for large cancer centers and academic hospitals with complex cancer dataset creation requirements and for whom realizing significant time savings and improvements in the overall accuracy and consistency of how clinical data elements are surfaced and abstracted represents an institutional imperative.
- Works with any AP-LIS/LIMS
- Ensures compliance with statutory reporting requirements
- Accelerates throughput by removing the need for pathologists to case identify
- Eliminates time spent in responding to registry requests for missing data
- Requires negligible ongoing input or support from laboratory or IT staff
- Reduces the risk of fines for non-conformance (UK)
Cancer Services & Registrars
- Reduces the risk of penalties for missing registry deadlines
- Improves the institutional confidence in the quality of cancer datasets
- Accelerates the review, coding, and verification of incoming pathology reports
- Eliminates the need for demographic data entry
- Reduces the amount of errors caused by missing data and human variation
- Enhances accuracy and completeness of reports
- Captures near real-time data to support ethically approved cancer research
- Improves data integrity, particularly demographic data for record linkage
- Enhances timeliness of registry data services to support research and evaluation
- Provides validation of stage at diagnosis submitted by hospitals