Medic Bleep - Version Medical Messenger - Secure & Real-Time Communication Solution Software
Medic Bleep is the first communication solution to fully displace non-emergency pagers in an NHS Hospital. Medic Bleep is a Secure & Real-Time Communication Solution.
It enables doctors, nurses and the wider team to communicate and collaborate within and across healthcare organisations.
The increased efficiency in communication accelerates productivity, improves patient outcomes and reduces costs.
The total economic benefit of the staff savings alone amount to £1.3M per annum - based upon average earnings for FT nurse of £25k, for junior doctor of £35k, with 20% employer overhead. In addition we assume two-thirds of the costs of the current pager system can be decommissioned, equating to £20k per annum.
- GDPR ready: Provision of GDPR compliant (GDPR finable: €20 million) and efficient organisation communication
- Efficiency: Speeding up discharge when people are ready to go home and avoiding unnecessary admissions into hospital.
- Reduced costs: Better use of workforce time can reduce overtime and locum costs
- Staff satisfaction: A less stressful working environment for frontline clinical staff, improving morale and potentially reducing sickness, need for temporary staff and staff turnover.
- Going digital: Become paper free at point of care (Wachter Review).
IT Benefits of Medic Bleep:
- Security and data privacy – GDPR and NHS IG compliance: Provision of compliant (GDPR finable: €20 million) and efficient organisation communication
- Integration with existing hospital systems: We support Electronic Health Record integration, solution integration and implementation.
- Audit trail and retrieval: The audit trail provides accountability and insurance to the organisation and it’s staff as a record for patient record and audit purposes
- Mass onboarding and user management: Maintain full control over user access with easy add/remove capabilities, batch uploading.
- Business Intelligence: Dashboard and reporting for key communication metrics within your organisation.
- Mass messaging by department or organisation-wide: Send system status updates or policy changes to a specific department or the entire organisation at once.
- Backup communication channel: In an EHR or phone system outage, Medic Bleep's healthcare communication technology solution functions as a default way to keep the communication channels open and information flowing.
- Business continuity: In March 2018, Vodafone shut down its pager support. As a supplier to 60% of the NHS, business continuity at massive risk.
Benefits to doctors, nurses and wider team:
- More timely and informed communication
- Send time-critical information efficiently and accountably
- See when a message has been delivered and read - vs. pager where a contact is made only with no information
- Reduction in workflow disruption - no waiting by phones or for switchboard
- Improved decision making
- MDT conversations between staff members are not siloed and documented with an audit trail for easy reference
- Questions and thoughts can be put forward and considered - speeding up the decision-making process
- Prioritise: Receivers can quickly refer to a new message and prioritise work accordingly
- Audit trail for improved recall, reduced duplication of information and resources, documented information for patient cases
Benefits to team leaders and service managers:
- Improved day to day management of patient care, the service and workforce e.g. rota changes
- Time freed up to prioritise clinical supervision, training and audit resulting in improvements in training compliance and a reduction in clinical incidents
Medic Bleep is a simple, secure and innovative patient focused solution to the communication challenges that healthcare professionals and the wider team in the NHS face while going about their everyday work.
The one-way communication method of pagers and telephone is inefficient - the recipient is unaware who is bleeping, why, or the level of urgency. Work is interrupted, patient-facing time is wasted, prioritisation is difficult, and the evidence trail is limited.
Medic Bleep is a communication app with tailored healthcare functionality that meets General Data Protection Regulation and NHS information governance standards. Features include:
- Individual and group text and audio messaging
- Audio calls
- Image and file sharing
- Patient information tab
- Audit trail
- View when a message is sent, delivered and read
- View role, availability and on-call status of colleagues
- Searchable organisation directory
- Pin/fingerprint protected login
- Mobile, tablet and computer access
- Broadcast messaging
- Business intelligence dashboard for trends and reporting