Molsoft - Version iMolview - Mobile App for iPhone/iPad and Android
iMolview is an app for the iPhone/iPad and Android that lets you browse protein, DNA, and drug molecules in 3D. The app has a direct link to the Protein Data Bank (PDB) and DrugBank and has a fast and easy to use interface. Touching the molecules via the screen allows you to interact immediately with the 3D structures in a unique way. You can zoom in and out, rotate, spin, pan, and clip the 3D molecules with your finger tips in ways that are impossible using a traditional mouse and desktop computer.
iMolView allows you to search for drugs such as 'ibuprofen' or 'gefitinib' in DrugBank, or proteins like 'insulin' or 'thyroid receptor' in the PDB and immediately explore their structure and annotation. This handy app allows you to quickly and easily view and interact with 3D molecules anywhere and at any time whether you are at the bench, at a conference, or just having coffee with colleagues!
The key features are:
- Easy to use touch interface.
- Save structure and slides (molecular document).
- A direct link to the Protein Data Bank (PDB) and DrugBank.
- Structure files (pdb/icb) sync with iTunes.
- Supports retina display
- Display and contour electron density maps
- Superimpose multiple objects
- Side by side stereo
- Angle and distance measurement
- Each molecular view can be customized with a rich set of molecular representations including: wires, balls-and-sticks, space filling, ribbon diagrams, and molecular surfaces.
- Zoom in and out, rotate, spin, pan, and clip the 3D molecule.
- Search and download structures from NCBI website.
- Read in any PDB file from any URL.
- A wide selection of coloring schemes is available.
- Color background, color molecule by atom type, chain, N- to C- terminal, and secondary structure.
- Select residues, atoms, or chains and color or change their representations individually.
- Select residues in sequence and get the corresponding selection in 3D.
- Select the whole chain by holding the corresponding tab.
- Display fog effect.
- Set 'inertia' to the maximum and let your molecule spin in 3D indefinitely.
- Display residue and site labels for the whole object or selection.
- Direct link to PubMed, Uniprot, and RCSB.
- Read in your own MolSoft ICM *.icb files.
- Added 'Tools/Load Electron Density Map' to download crystallographic data for the currtently loaded object
- Toggle map display in 'Misc' menu tools
- Added interface to Dropbox (Documents/Dropbox)
- Added molecular skin/surface representation
- Added 'Tools/Filter Selection' to adjust the current selection by various parameters
- 'Color Selection' can color individual representations.
- ICM scripts embedded with the ICB file are available in the menu.
- Added full screen mode.
- Added interface to the ICM command language (Command tab in the search bar)
- Tools menu (sbs stereo, measurements) appears for small molecules
- 2D labels are displayed properly
- retina (high res) display support for the new iPad
- multiple object support + superimpose
- assign secondary structure
- images in html pane
- side-by-side stereo
- angle and distance measurement
- email screen shot
- added auto 'rocking&rotation mode'.
- custom URL scheme imolview:// is extended to allow open document on the particular slide (from the webpager, keynote or other apps)
- Added the ability to save molecular document (structure + slides).
- Added the ability to save view and representation (slides).
- Fixed memory leak in xstick display
- Fixed crash in 3D labels
- support for horizontal screen orientation
- support for custom URL scheme (imolview://)
- search results are now scrollable and load more hits
- VGA output on iPad and iPhone4 (3D view is mirrored, 'laser pointer' appears on touch and hold)
- improved selection in sequence view (residue range is shown). Fixed bug with selecting single residue.
- added atom labels display
- added centering without zoom (via center button in menu)
- preferences are now persistent even if the app is closed and opened again
- added preference for hydrogen display (none/polar/all)
- added default url preference for loading molecules off a web page
- issue with older iPhone/iPod devices FIXED
- structure files (pdb/icb) sync via iTunes
- download history
- easy toggle of individual molecule display via sequence view tabs
- faster refresh in CPK representation
- display tools popup bar on selection
- improved handling of very large structures
- neighbors in other chains selection, such as atoms in the vicinity of selected ligand
- external links menu: Uniprot and RCSB entries in addition to PubMed
- atom type coloring for hetero-atoms only - allows combining chain-specific colors and atom type color coding
- 3D residue picking is now tracked in sequence view
- easy clear display button (X)
- bug/crashes fixes