OrthoGrid - Version Trauma - Non-Invasive, Navigation App
OrthoGrid Trauma is a non-invasive, navigation App providing surgeons and their teams with valuable, real-time image analysis tools for intra-operative Assessment and Execution of all Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF) procedures.
- Image intensifiers are frequently used in trauma procedures as an intra-operative navigation tool. This technology is used through the procedure for fracture reduction, pin/wire placement, and implant fixation.
- Did you know image intensifier distortion can significantly alter the intended trajectory of a guidewire? Ward, et. al. found this deviation was approximately 10mm if the guidewire was aimed from the extremity of the image!1
- Considering the general incidence of non- or mal-union in common trauma procedures is reported to range from 1.9% to over 20%2,3,4,5,6 the influence of distortion is likely a contributing factor.
OPERATE AT EASE: TRUST YOUR FLUORO + CONFIRM YOUR ALIGNMENT + IMPROVE YOUR EFFICIENCY
Universal by design, this App can be used in any trauma procedures to:
- Correct Distortion
- Confirm Reduction and Alignment using multiple tools
- Reduce eye-balling of instrument Trajectories
- Improve Efficiency
Training Orthopedic Surgeons?
- Interactive operating training application
- Review, Discuss and Present cases
- Improve trainee’s efficiency and accuracy
1. ALIGNMENT & REDUCTION
Trust in non-distorted images
Assess Overall Alignment
2. TEMPORARY FIXATION
Save time and radiation with Virtual Guide Wire by projecting trajectory
3. FINAL FIXATION
Measure screw lengths and optimally place implants by calibrating of images