Rave EDC (Electronic Data Capture)
From Rave Data Management
Medidata’s Rave EDC (Electronic Data Capture) is the most advanced, robust, and secure EDC system for clinical trial site, patient, and lab data capture and management. Rave EDC is the cornerstone of the Medidata Clinical Cloud® – the unified clinical research platform that connects processes, eliminates data reconciliation, and delivers cross-functional and cross-study data insights.
Unparalleled Experience and Expertise in EDC
Medidata is the pioneer in Electronic Data Capture (EDC), trusted by you to run over 22,000 clinical trials, capturing data from millions of patients.
'Medidata Rave EDC was the runaway first-choice preference for all trial types.'1 - EDC Market Dynamics and Service Provider Performance (4th Edition), Industry Standard Research, December 2020
Flexibility and Scalability tor All Your Studies
Rave EDC has the flexibility and scalability to run all your biopharmaceutical or medical device studies, regardless of size, phase or therapeutic areas
Our study design capabilities implement all protocol designs, no matter how simple or complex. And our infrastructure easily hosts your largest study populations and datasets.
Mid-Study Changes with No Downtime
Your protocol amendments and incremental changes are implemented in Rave EDC with no system downtime
Multiple versions of your protocols are managed across subjects and sites based on IRB approvals etc. with the ability to move subjects from one version to another
Best in Class Data Security, Privacy, and Quality
Ensure the security and privacy of your critical clinical trial data and the privacy of your patients.
Medidata's data security, privacy and quality processes, systems and certifications are second-to-none in the Life Sciences industry.
Accelerated Decision-Making for Clinical Operations
Rave EDC is unified with Clinical Operations capabilities on the Medidata Clinical Cloud.
Through automatic data population from Rave EDC to Rave CTMS and Medidata Detect, your CRAs and study managers realize more efficient workflows and immediate data oversight. Detect compiles complete patient profiles and delivers automated, intelligent insights into data trends and anomalies to alert your data managers and central monitors to issues before they become systemic.
Centralized Administration and Master Data
- Centrally manage your users, roles, studies, and sites across all Rave EDC (and other products on the Medidata Clinical Cloud) studies.
- Eliminate study master data duplication and inconsistencies (e.g., different IDs for the same sites in different applications).
- Give users a single place to login to all systems with the same username and password.
Real-time Data Validation
- Make sure the right data is entered at the time of entry, not after the case report form is saved.
- Improve your sites’ data entry efficiency and data quality with Rave EDC’s real-time edit checks.
Streamlined Data Review
- See what tasks (queries, pages to be reviewed/verified/signed, locked pages, etc.) are outstanding in the Tasks Overview dashboard.
- Quickly action tasks individually or in bulk through the Tasks list, eliminating the need to page through form-by-form.
Reporting and Analytics
- Make informed decisions with real-time study insights through dashboards and standard/ad-hoc reports, and one-click access from reports to relevant forms.
- Standard reports include study data monitoring, study admin, lab admin, and dictionary coding. Visualize your key study metrics such as enrollment tracking and data cleaning progress.
- Ad-hoc reports use industry-standard software to let you perform a deeper analysis of your study data.