Coronary Artery Calcium (CAC) is the strongest predictor of future cardiac events, with patients in the highest score category over 20 times more likely to suffer a cardiac event.
Close to 80 million CT scans are performed in the US each year, many of them of the chest, for different purposes. Non-gated CT scans, shown to have a similar prognostic value to cardiac-gated CT scans, are performed 20 times more frequently.
Now, thanks to Zebra-Med, this vast, largely untapped pool of data can be used not only in individuals but also at the population level.
Zebra-Med’s Cardiac solution* analyzes already existing non-gated CT scans and quantifies the CAC, without exposing patients to additional radiation. Clinicians are equipped with a valuable tool to detect early signs and estimate the risk of future cardiovascular events, which they can prevent or greatly mitigate by placing patients on relevant care pathways.
- Zebra-Med’s software analyzes any existing routine non-gated non-contrast CT scans in the PACS.
- Running over thousands of cases in seconds, Zebra-Med’s software identifies and quantifies the coronary calcium.
- A report is issued to physicians for patients with detected coronary calcium.
- Radiologists validate the new information.
- Patients undergo further assessment by referring physicians who determine preventative care plans.
- Patients, Above Al
- Healthcare Organizations Focused on Value-based Care
- Health Insurers
- Public Healthcare Systems
- More asymptomatic patients at risk of cardiovascular disease identified earlier on.
- Risk-adjustment makes patients eligible for preventative treatment plans.
- More actionable information obtained from chest CT scans already in medical records.
- Lightening the overall burden on healthcare systems through targeted preventative care.