Advanced Bionics AG
Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world. Acquired by Sonova Holding AG and working with Phonak since 2009, AB develops cutting-edge cochlear implant technology that restores hearing to those with severe-to-profound hearing loss. With operations in over 50 countries and a track record for developing high-performing, state-of-the-art products, AB’s talented, group of technologists and professionals are driven to succeed, work with integrity, and stay firmly committed to quality while delivering unmatched customer service.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Medical Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Advanced Bionics is always focused on innovations that improve quality of life. AB has consistently made the industry’s leading advancements in hearing technology. In fact, with six sound coding programs, we offer more ways to hear than any other cochlear implant company.
At Advanced Bionics we are dedicated to improving lives by developing implantable technologies and services that help our recipients achieve their full potential.
Our commitment to putting patients first and providing the best possible hearing performance remains at the forefront of all that we do.
The trust patients place in us inspires us to act with integrity and transparency as we strive for excellence each and every day in all that we do.
AB is committed to providing superior and reliable cochlear implant systems to its recipients. All employees at AB are firmly dedicated to the Advanced Bionics quality policy.
AB’s quality system is comprehensive and unsurpassed in the hearing implant industry. Recipients can rest assured that everyone at AB is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art technology and top-quality, reliable products that deliver the best possible hearing experience.
AB’s Customer Service team is comprised of cochlear implant experts who set the gold standard in customer care. From online resources to a caring and informed service team, you can always count on AB to support you every step of the way on your journey to hearing.
When you choose a cochlear implant, you also choose a company that will be with your family on the entire journey to hearing. Only Advanced Bionics offers you the most advanced system today and a relationship with Phonak that will continue to deliver innovative hearing solutions and important support services for your family. Together, we are relied on by millions of people each day for the best possible hearing experience.
Experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives. At Advanced Bionics, you will contribute to advancing biomedical technology and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people. Diversity, creativity, and collaboration are the cornerstones of our success.
AB was founded in 1993 by Alfred E. Mann with the mission to develop implantable patient care solutions that improve quality of life.
AB evolved from two highly successful companies that developed and marketed innovative medical devices; one created new generation pacemakers, and the other developed microinfusion systems (miniature drug delivery pumps used in the treatment of diabetes). The technology behind AB’s first cochlear implant system came from the pioneering research at the University of California, San Francisco.
Since its inception, AB has consistently made industry-leading advancements in technology innovations that have helped make a difference in the lives of thousands of families worldwide.
Today, AB offers the most sophisticated cochlear implant system on the market with five times more sound resolution than its competitors, designed to allow recipients to go beyond deciphering speech to hearing music.
Now working with Phonak under the Sonova Group, AB has access to industry-leading engineering and technologies for products currently under development. These revolutionary products are designed to deliver unparalleled hearing performance, comfort, and reliability for recipients.
- Intrigued by the notion of “helping deaf people hear,” Alfred E. Mann founds Advanced Bionics and appoints Jeffrey H. Greiner to lead an organization of seven engineers and scientists.
- Approval from the FDA to market the Clarion™ cochlear implant with pre-formed electrode for use in adults. The Clarion sound processor is released, the industry’s first multi-program processor with unique single headpiece design, independent volume and sensitivity controls, and nothing on the ear.
- Approval to market its Clarion cochlear implants for use in children.
- The S-SeriesTM sound processor is released.
- Launch of the CII Bionic Ear™ implant and HiFocus™ electrode, capable of being upgraded through software programming for advancing hearing performance without additional surgery.
- The CII BTE and the Platinum BTE are approved for release.
- Introduction of the Bionic Ear Association, a support network for candidates and AB recipients in North America.
- Launch in Europe of the HiResolution strategy providing full spectrum delivery with high rate of stimulation for better temporal definition.
- Launch of the T-Mic™ microphone, giving recipients effortless wireless connectivity to cellphones, headsets, and MP3 players. Direct Connect™ and iConnect™ earhook options are made available to best suit the listening task at hand.
- Launch of the HiRes 90K™ implant with a new surgical design that retains unparalleled capability for upgrades through software programming to advance hearing performance without additional surgery.
- Launch of the Auria™ sound processor and new programming software SoundWave™ Professional Suite capable of fitting HiResolution™ (HiRes) Sound Processing.
- Thousands of AB recipients are upgraded to HiRes providing recipients with the opportunity to hear better in noise and real-world environments.
- Boston Scientific acquires Advanced Bionics.
- Launch of the Harmony™ HiResolution™ Bionic Ear System (Harmony), the world’s most sophisticated cochlear implant system using cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible hearing experience.
- Launch of HiRes Fidelity 120™ * sound processing with groundbreaking current steering technology for more precise hearing in real-world situations and greater music enjoyment.
- *HiRes Fidelity 120 is not approved for pediatric patients in the United States.
- Boston Scientific completes sale of Advanced Bionics to former principals and shareholders.
- Launch of The Listening Room™, a one-of-a-kind, free online resource for developing listening skills.
- Launch of the HearingJourney™ online community in North America, providing easy access to education and support for candidates and recipients.
- CI-SMART™ study is conducted, identifying and analyzing the top cochlear implant clinic reimbursement issues affecting clinics across the country in North America.
- AB is acquired by Sonova Holding AG and began working with Phonak on future generation technologies that benefit recipients and professionals.
- Launch of the Processor Direct™ program for faster processor returns.
- Launch of ClearVoice™ **, a revolutionary sound-processing strategy, in Europe, Asia and Canada.
- AB partners with Skinit™, the leading company in consumer electronics personalization, to offer custom-made Skinit designs for AB sound processors.
- Launch of The Listening Check™ diagnostic tool that can easily verify that a child’s equipment is functioning properly.
**ClearVoice™ is not approved nor available for sale in the United States.
- Sonova Holding AG, the parent company of Advanced Bionics, adds a new Management Board position, Group Vice President Medical, responsible for overseeing the Group’s hearing implant segment, including AB and Phonak Acoustic Implants.
- Ingenia, a revolutionary middle ear implant by Phonak Acoustic Implants, enters clinical trials.
- HiRes Optima Sound Processing from Advanced Bionics Receives Worldwide Approval
- Advanced Bionics Announces the Commercial Release of the Naída CI Q70 Sound Processor
- Advanced Bionics Launches World's First Waterproof Case for Cochlear Implant Recipients
- Advanced Bionics Receives TÜV Approval for the Naída CI Q Series of Sound Processors
- Advanced Bionics Introduces the New HiRes™ Ultra Cochlear Implant