Alkermes is focused on developing innovative medicines that aim to address unmet needs of people living with serious mental illness, addiction and cancer. As a fully-integrated global biopharmaceutical company, we apply our scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop products that are designed to make a meaningful difference in the way people manage their diseases. Beyond our central mission to develop medicines, we believe in championing approaches to treatment that account for the multitude of factors that affect outcomes for patients, caregivers and communities. In addition to our scientific pursuits, we are committed to patient engagement, disease education and awareness and advocacy for important policies that support equitable access to treatment options.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceuticals
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Our approach to development is reflected in our:
- Proven scientific expertise, as reflected in our diversified commercial product portfolio;
- Pipeline of novel product candidates in development for schizophrenia, bipolar I disorder, neurodegenerative disorders and cancer;
- Proprietary science and technology that have the potential to lead to the discovery of new, patentable medicines; and
- Commitment to developing new treatment options for major diseases with patient needs in mind.
All this, combined with our highly-skilled employees, our culture of respect for all voices, and our global presence, help position us as a leading innovator in the global biopharmaceutical industry.
Our Purpose & Values
Our core values and our commitment to helping improve the lives of people living with serious mental illness, addiction and cancer guide and define our culture.
With collaboration at our core, we strive to value every person and respect each voice.
We are beyond passionate. Our commitment to our employees and the many people and communities we serve keeps us moving forward every day.