Amgen is one of the world™s leading biotechnology companies. Amgen is a values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into medicines for patients with serious illnesses. Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology. Our belief”and the core of our strategy”is that innovative, highly differentiated medicines that provide large clinical benefits in addressing serious diseases are medicines that will not only help patients, but also will help reduce the social and economic burden of disease in society today.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Clinical Services
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology innovator since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen strives to serve patients by transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health or save lives. In everything we do, we aim to fulfill our mission to serve patients. And every step of the way, we are guided by the values that define us.
To Serve Patients
Our ValuesBe Science-Based
Our success depends on superior scientific innovation, integrity and continuous improvement in all aspects of our business through the application of the scientific method. We see the scientific method as a multi-step process that includes designing the right experiment, collecting and analyzing data and rational decision making. It is not subjective or emotional, but rather a logical, open and rational process. Applying the scientific method in all parts of the organization is expected and highly valued.
Compete Intensely and Win
We compete against time, past performance and industry rivals to rapidly achieve high quality results. Winning requires taking risks. We cannot be lulled into complacency by previous achievements. Though we compete intensely, we maintain high ethical standards and demand integrity in our dealings with competitors, customers, partners and each other.
Create Value for Patients, Staff and Stockholders
We provide value by focusing on the needs of patients. Amgen creates a work environment that provides opportunities for staff members to reach their full potential. We strive to provide stockholders with superior long-term returns while balancing the needs of patients, staff and stockholders.
We are relentless in applying the highest ethical standards to our products, services and communications.
Trust and Respect Each Other
Every job at Amgen is important and every Amgen staff member is important. We attract diverse, capable and committed people and provide an environment that fosters inclusion, respect, individual responsibility and values diversity. Trust is strengthened through personal initiative and by obtaining quality results rapidly.
Quality is a cornerstone of all of our activities. We seek the highest quality information, decisions and people. We produce high quality products and services. Quality is woven into the fabric of everything we do.
Work in Teams
Our teams work quickly to move scientific breakthroughs from the lab through the clinic to the marketplace and to support other aspects of our business. Diverse teams working together generate the best decisions for patients, staff and stockholders. Our team structure provides opportunities for Amgen staff to impact the direction of the organization, to gain broader perspective about other functions within Amgen and to reach their full potential.
Collaborate, Communicate and Be Accountable
Leaders at Amgen seek input and involve key stakeholders in important decisions. In gathering input, strong leaders will welcome diverse opinions, conflicting views and open dialogue for serious consideration. They will clearly communicate decisions and rationale openly and in a timely manner. Once a decision is made, the leader and members of the team will all be accountable for the results and for implementing the decision rapidly
Benefit patients and societies through transformative medicines.
Improve our success rates. Focus our people and investments more intensely on the activities most likely to lead to new therapies.
Reduce cycle times. The industry’s standard timeline of 12 to 14 years from project start to drug approval is not viable. Amgen has already reduced its drug development timelines by about three years, but there is still ample room for improvements.
Enable access and use. Gaining regulatory approval for new therapies is only half the battle. In the end, only one metric matters: Are the patients who need Amgen medicines actually getting them?
Our Strategic Imperatives
Make focused investment in innovative research platforms
- Focus research investments in cardiometabolic, inflammation and cancer therapeutic areas. Rapidly expand the scale and diversity of our human genetic platform.
- Expand our human data resources to include proteomics, transcriptomics, and allied data to generate deeper insights into disease biology.
- Use our strength in molecular engineering to expand on the success of current drug platforms, including BiTE® molecules, and pioneer novel modalities to address targets now seen as undruggable.
Innovate in Clinical Development
- Reduce the durations and cost of clinical trials and improve success rates through greater use of modelling and simulation, adaptive designs, and real world evidence.
- Design smaller and faster studies with larger response rates by using genetics and omics to identify patients who will potentially benefit most from new therapies.
Address access and use at all stages of drug development
- Ensure that representatives from our medical, clinical development, commercial, and manufacturing functions are partnering with research teams very early in each drug discovery program to define the attributes a new medicine will need to gain future access and use.
- Leverage our Global Medical organization and its external network of research collaborators to generate insights into the evidence our drug development teams must generate in order to support access and use.
- Invest in biomarkers, diagnostics, and other tools that can enhance the value of our medicines and support Amgen’s commitment to empower doctors to go beyond a traditional “one size fits all” approach to treat patients in a more precise, personalized way.
Our Strategic Enablers
- Maintain our long-standing and successful commitment to continuous improvement and operational efficiency in all aspects of R&D by challenging the way we work, speeding up decision making, and delivering better productivity to free resources to drive our science and innovation to deliver transformative medicines.
- The foundation for our past and future success is our people – they form the foundation for all we do. We will continue to build an R&D culture that recruits, develops, and retains the best talent excited by the opportunities arising from rapid scientific progress and new technologies to push the boundaries of science as part of a collaborative team vested in a collective accountability for our success.