Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT)
DCAT Week is the premier global event held each year in New York City for companies engaged in the Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain. DCAT Week is not a Trade Show. It is a multifaceted event where Member Companies have the opportunity to reserve meeting space through the DCAT organization to conduct high-level, private, strategic meetings with customers and suppliers. During the week, DCAT offers its members the chance to participate in unique and timely education sessions developed by their colleagues who serve on DCAT`s volunteer committees and task forces. Additionally, members can attend various networking events, access member lounges, and take advantage of other opportunities designed to promote interaction between industry colleagues.
The DCAT Week Advantage
- The business of our DCAT Member Companies, and their business networks, is in one place, at one time. This level and extent of engagement makes attending DCAT Week both time-efficient and cost-effective.
- Member Companies may obtain private business meeting space at an Official DCAT Week Hotel, which provides a discreet, convenient, and appropriate forum for C-suite, senior and mid-level executives.
- Member Companies, therefore, are able to conduct high-impact, private meetings in which they are able to achieve key business objectives with prospective and current customers, suppliers, and business partners.
- If Member Companies simply want to meet potential customers or industry colleagues, there are many opportunities to do so! Whether enjoying the Member Lounge, or attending programs and events, representatives of Member Companies can easily exchange business cards, strike up a conversation, and share ideas and information.
- New York City has been the destination for DCAT Week and the DCAT Annual Dinner since 1926. The atmosphere and walkability of mid-town Manhattan fit well with the business of our Member Companies. It provides a wide variety of food, culture, sightseeing and shopping, and numerous venues for customer or hospitality events.
The DCAT Member Companies at DCAT Week. Our members include the world’s leading companies who represent a broad range of products and services for the entire Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain:
- Innovator Bio/Pharmaceutical companies
- Generic drug and biosimilar companies
- APIs (small molecules and biologics) and intermediates
- Drug products (solid dosage, parenteral, and specialty dosage forms)
- Chemicals used in Bio/Pharmaceutical production
- Bioprocessing aids and consumables
- Distributors, manufacturing representatives, and agents
- Packaging companies:
- Contract packaging services
- Packaging materials and components
- Health and Nutrition
- Support technologies and specialized service providers:
- Bio/Pharmaceutical equipment
- Analytical instrumentation
- Logistics and supply-chain services
The Representatives of DCAT Member Companies at DCAT Week. Key decision-makers in the following functions regularly attend:
- Sourcing, procurement, and supply management of direct materials used in Bio/Pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Business counterparts on the supply side in business development, sales, marketing, and manufacturing and quality operations
- Corporate-related support functions, including licensing
The Meeting Functions at DCAT Week: Member Companies report that they begin arranging their meeting schedules for DCAT Week several months in advance. Typically, our Member Companies schedule meetings to accomplish a wide array of objectives:
- Project or relationship updates
- Potential business with new or existing partners
- Capabilities presentations
- New product and technologies updates
- Vendor status meetings
- Governance meetings
- Partnership and investment meetings
- Reserved business meeting space at discounted prices at Official DCAT Week Hotels that includes meeting set-ups, advance food and beverage orders, and yearly right of first refusal
- Reserved tables or seats at the DCAT Annual Dinner and pre-and post-dinner hospitality events
- Opportunity to host a company’s branded post-dinner hospitality event
- Sponsorship and branding opportunities to bring attention to a company before, during, and after DCAT Week
- Member badging and access to members-only areas
- Access to member-only networking receptions
- Member-only lounges and refreshments
- Ability to add a profile and access attendees via the DCAT Week Mobile App
- Ability to register and take advantage of the most informative and timely education programs and keynotes at below-market pricing
- Use of logo and complimentary DCAT Week branding kits for members*
*DCAT and DCAT Week logos are registered trademarks of the Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association and are reserved for Member Companies’ use.
Industry Connections. Throughout DCAT Week, member-only areas, education programs, and various events provide DCAT Member Company representatives a collegial and seamless way to make new business connections and re-connect with existing contacts to serve their company’s business development needs.
DCAT Member Company Networking Reception. Throughout the week, there are multiple opportunities for DCAT Member Companies to network; however, nothing can compete with the Member Company Networking Reception. Attended by over one thousand people, it is the week’s “can’t miss event.”
DCAT Annual Dinner. DCAT Week concludes with the DCAT Annual Dinner, where Member Companies can reserve tables to host guests and celebrate the end of a successful week. Attended by more than 2,000 guests, the Annual Dinner is a veritable who’s who of the Bio/Pharmaceutical industry and features the much-anticipated Annual Dinner Speaker.
Display the Company Brand. Sponsorship opportunities and branding during DCAT Week are limited. A Member Company’s brand won’t get lost in a sea of advertising. Instead, an organization’s branding and support will be showcased in high-traffic areas where members will get a good look and know of your company!
DCAT Week features several timely education programs to enhance knowledge of key trends, Bio/Pharmaceutical industry performance, and practical and objective insight into both the industry’s opportunities and challenges.
Developed by the DCAT Education Committee and its task forces, composed of volunteers from Member Companies, the DCAT Week education programs provide executive insights and first-hand knowledge of the most relevant and salient issues impacting the Bio/Pharmaceutical industry.
These invaluable programs are for members only and priced to make it easy for them to participate and benefit from their association membership.