General Medical Merate S.p.A. (GMM)
General Medical Merate S.p.A. (GMM) from 1952 has evolved in over 60 years from a craft company dedicated to maintenance and repair to a leader in its own right in the radiological equipment field. Since the late ‘60s GMM has been dedicated exclusively to the design and production of more complex radiological diagnostic systems. In 1987 the entry into the corporation of new members, in particular Mr Massimo Sordi as Chairman, marked the beginning of a new and more important business development. Today GMM Group is composed of different companies focused on the radiological field. Thanks to the significant human resources’ attention and the continuous technological improvement, GMM Group has collected over 69 years of experience, successfully competing with national and international companies worldwide.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Medical Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Thanks to continuous growth, acquisitions and integrations of other companies in the sector, today GMM is one of the most important and solid groups in the field of electromedical equipment for diagnostic radiology in Italy and Worldwide.
MT Medical Technology
part of GMM Group since 2008, handles the core business of conventional radiographic components (e.g. tables, suspensions and wallstands). MT supports GMM Group to consolidate relationships with OEM and improve the group’s perfomance.
part of GMM Group since 2008, takes care of the development, manufacturing and distribution of components for Chinese and Asian markets, also through OEM agreements or joint ventures with multinational companies.
is the GMM division specialized in high-end DR radiological equipment. Acquired in 2009, MECALL has been merged by incorporation in 2018.
is the GMM division focused on the development and manufacturing of a wide range of cutting-edge monoblocks and power assemblies, for different application purposes in human, veterinary and industrial NDT fields.
Part of GMM Group since 2017, takes care of distribution and after sale assistance of all GMM products portfolio in the French market. Thanks to PRIMAX’s experience, technical support and installation capabilities, GMM has a valid ally in the European scenario.
Established in 1965 as a manufacturer of X-ray systems, in 1983 IMS Giotto started focusing on mammography systems. Today, thanks to the high expertise and consolidated know-how, IMS Giotto supports GMM Group in the development of innovatory products that meet the increasingly demanding needs of modern breast imaging.
Part of GMM Group since 2020, D/Vision Lab is an innovative start-up focused on data visualization.
With over 15 years of experience accumulated by its founders, D/Vision Lab supports GMM Group through advanced visualization technologies and artificial intelligence to enable fast, intuitive and deep understanding of the business processes.
Born on 12th March 1940 in Milan, where he currently lives.Institutional Positions
- Knight of the Italian Republic since 1975.
- Commander of the Italian Republic since 1985.
He has held both associative and institutional offices of various kinds and levels in the Industrial Confederal System (Confindustria), in different Organizations and Institutions; amongst the many positions, it is worth mentioning his role as:
- Chairman of the Young Entrepreneurs Group (1973-1979);
- Member of the Confindustria Committee (1978-1982);
- Deputy Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce-CCIAA of Milan (1997-2007);
- Deputy Chairman of Assolombarda for Internal Relations (1981-1987);
- Chairman of Assoservizi (1990-1999);
- Deputy Chairman of Chemical Union of Assolombarda (1990-1995);
- Deputy Chairman Confidi Assolombarda (1990-1995).
- Senior Deputy Chairman of the National Museum of Science and Technology “Leonardo Da Vinci” in Milan;
- Deputy Chairman of SACBO (Airport of Bergamo – Orio al Serio);
- Board Director of Brebemi S.p.A. – Bergamo (Motorway link BS-BG-MI);
- Chairman of the Corporation for the Motorway Serravalle-Milan;
- Board Director of SEA (Società Esercizi Aeroportuali Milano Linate – Milan Linate Airport Management Company);
- Board Director of “Fondo Luigi Gasparotto”;
- Board Director of “Istituto Spallanzani”;
- Board Director of “Fondo Impresa”;
- Deputy Chairman of the Italy China Foundation;
- Deputy Chairman of “CONFIDI” (Assolombarda);
- Member of the Managing Board and Executive Committee of Assolombarda in Monza and Brianza and Arbitrator of Assolombarda, Ethics Committee and Environmental Commission.
- Board Director of “Elettromedicali” Assobiomedica (outgoing member not re-eligible) and Federation Council, “Giunta di Federazione” (outgoing member re-eligible).
He holds the position of President and Chairman of the Board in many different entrepreneurial activities:
- Chairman of General Medical Merate S.p.A., GMM (Seriate, Bergamo and Cassano delle Murge, Bari) leading company in the production and distribution of X-ray diagnostics equipment.
- Recently, GMM acquired other companies dealing in the same sector, such as MECALL S.r.l., M.T. S.r.l. and IMS Giotto too (Sasso Marconi, Bologna) leading company in the production of advanced mammography systems;
- Chairman of IMD China (company of GMM Group) with head-office in Beijing, China;
- Chairman of GMM India;
- Chairman of L.P.E. S.p.A (company operating in the field of electronics, epitaxial reactors and, in the past, manufacturer of freeze-drying systems and generic systems geared up for the pharmaceutical industry);
- Chairman of L.P.E. China in Shanghai (China);
- Chairman of E.T.C. Catania;
- CEO of FIMESA S.p.A. a holding and service company with head-offices in Baranzate (Milan);
- Chairman of Brickel S.A. and Board Director of TRIUM S.A., companies with head-offices in Buenos Aires (Argentina) dealing in real estate, agriculture, energy.
The expertise, background and honesty of our employees has been and will always be vital for the fulfilment of GMM’s goals. Furthermore, the commitment to high quality standards, constant improvement of quality-to-cost ratio and growing focus on customer satisfaction allow the achievement of every main strategic goal.
At GMM we value the certification from our clients, obtained through daily use, evaluation, review and appreciation of our products. The combination of professionality, observance of good manufacturing practices, improvement of productive processes and trusted suppliers make GMM a leading company in the field.
Since its early years quality has been the common thread guiding GMM’s company policy, which has led to the compliance at international standards for management and environmental system and for product certification, such as:
Among GMM’s primary goals is the continuous update to new international standards and rules, while upholding the client’s satisfaction, requirements and wishes through technological innovation.
GMM is a green company, holding certification of compliance to ISO 14001 environmental standards. This accomplishment is the result of continuous efforts to minimize the company’s carbon footprint and to raise awareness among all employees on environmental issues and green initiatives.
GMM holds a number of national and international patents and trademarks, which are testament of GMM’s continuous efforts towards technological innovation with the goal of providing our clients with cutting edge solutions.